I am so thankful I found this board. It feels like the only place I don't feel alone. Currently 12 weeks along with my third child, second hyperemesis pregnancy.
the above were great...so nice to laugh after so long!
you know you have hyperemesis when:
1) when you ask your ob for a zofran IV pump, and she hesitates because of the risk of blood clots leading to death, you actually think that is a good idea
2) you stumble into the pharmacy and the pharmacist out of pity for the sheer sight of you gives you two zofran tablets even though the prescription was for the dissolving kind and you cannot tolerate those
3) same pharmacist asks you over the phone several weeks later if you are pregnant again (remembers your pregnancy from 4 years ago) and says "you gotta stop doing that"
4) you have been completely bedridden and the day that you are finally able to pick up your son from school, all the neighborhood moms cheer as you come, like you are some kind of celebrity
5) your 7 year old son is glad that he is a boy because he is saved from being pregnant and sick
6) your family saves disposable water bottles for you to use as spit bottles
7) you are too sick to talk on the phone and your husband has to convey to your family how you are doing because talking just makes your nausea worse
you would rather go through several labors than the horrors of hg
9) you pray for the er doctor who gave you a remedy (zofran paired with benadryl) that gave you some relief
10) in your head, you come up with so many similitudes to describe to non hg sufferers what it feels like to have hg
11) you develop tmj pain from chewing gum, but continue to do so because it helps some with the nausea and ptyalism
12) your heart aches for anyone who is suffering pain in the world
13) you think your husband is a saint for how he has stepped up and taken care of the kids and you