2nd Tri Ladies...How are you?

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

2nd Tri Ladies...How are you?

Postby MamaLily » Jul 12, 2004 2:46 pm

Hello to all of you in the 2nd Trimester!

I hope things are going okay for you. I've been wondering how everyone is doing...

Did you have a good weekend :) ?

Are you still taking your meds :? ?

Do you feel any improvement :D ?

Are you getting discouraged :cry: ?

Are your babies starting to kick and move? (The highlight of pregnancy, in my opinion :D )

Feel free to share any highs or lows. Please post and let us know how you are doing!

Hope you are hanging in there!

Love,
Anna

P.S. I was just reading and thought I'd share...During the 2nd Trimester, babies can start sucking their thumbs, they begin to grow eyelashes, and they can start opening their eyes for brief periods of time. Oh, that is so exciting! All that vomiting & nausea will be worth it in the end! :)
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby Cheri » Jul 13, 2004 11:26 am

I just realized I'm in the second trimester section now :D :D :D

I'm doing quite well so far, still using b6/unisom and breastfeeding. Haven't had to use my homeopathic remedy in over a month...I think I am needing it less because I already used it through the last pg.

I still have my "icky" times, seems to be especially in the morning, but I have begun to return to some parts of "normal life" and that is exciting!!!

And we got to see an ultrasound & I'm starting to feel a bit of movement, so that is encouraging.
Cheri
Baby Lost at 15 weeks 3/02
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Postby MamaLily » Jul 13, 2004 2:17 pm

Cheri -

Hi and welcome to the 2nd Tri! You are 1/3 of the way there...congratulations!

I'm glad to hear that things are going okay for you. Do you think that breastfeeding might be helping?

Any news from the ultrasound about whether you're having a boy or girl?

Hope things continue to go well for you!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby Cheri » Jul 14, 2004 12:40 pm

Anna-
I definately think breastfeeding has made a difference this time. However, I would not recommend that anyone go into a pg counting on breastfeeding to keep hg away...it is not enough just on it's own.

Our ultrasound tech wouldn't make any promises, but she has a record for being extremely accurate on determining the sex. She said probably about 75% chance it's a boy. We should find out for sure in about 5 weeks.

We're all holding our breath for a boy this time. But there won't be anymore even if it's not! :)
Cheri
Baby Lost at 15 weeks 3/02
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Postby MamaLily » Jul 14, 2004 2:03 pm

Cheri -

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is a boy! Of course, girls are exciting too, aren't they?

Keep us posted!

- Anna
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby OldMom » Aug 03, 2004 8:32 am

Hi!

I'm so thankful I'm in my second trimester now! I felt improvement begin around 17 weeks, and although there have been several backslides, I'm still functioning better than I was.

This little girl is really moving around alot, and I agree with you, Anna, that feeling the movement is the absolute highlight of the pregnancy. I want to grab my husband, or children's hand and hold it to my belly when she moves alot so they can share in this awsome feeling. :D

I'm curious, do any of you have frequent braxton hicks contractions, and if so, how early did you feel them? I began feeling them this time at about 12 weeks! Those contractions for me generate a nice warm rush feeling to my head, that actually feels quite nice. :)

Cheri, Although I had never thought to connect it, when I was in my second pregnancy I was still breastfeeding my daughter, and the second pregnancy had the shortest duration of HG than any of the others. Amazing. :o
Jennifer in Chattanooga, Tennessee

4 HG pregnancies
21 year old girl
19 year old girl
14 year old boy
due 12/3/04 Girl (She's a gift I didn't ever expect, and still trying to get used to.)
OldMom

Return to Second Trimester HG