I'm posting again and again and again...

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

I'm posting again and again and again...

Postby annie72 » Jan 29, 2007 7:26 pm

Hi. I'm Annie. I just got back from the doctor's office being diagnosed with severe depression. I was put on Prozac and Inderal for both depression and anxiety. I am only 15 weeks pregnant and can't imagine having to deal with these thoughts for the next 25 weeks. I am hoping things kick in because the way I'm feeling, I'm thinking horrible thoughts about not wanting the baby anymore. I have dealt (like everyone else) through the vomitting, dry heaves, nausea and now to have mental problems on top of everything is getting to be way too much. I just don't know if I can take it anymore. I have a history of depression but I was feeling very good before I got pregnant. In fact, I don't think I could have been happier. Now...I'm a sniveling, shell of a person. AND not to mention all of the drugs that I'm taking:
Prozac, Inderal, Zofran, Pheregan and Unisom. I mean, come on. How can the baby be healthy? I'm at my wit's end and one step away from ending this hell I'm in...both physically and mentally. sorry to be such a downer and to post so much. I don't know what's wrong with me.
annie72
Welcomed Friend

Postby minnesotamama » Jan 29, 2007 7:49 pm

Annie, no worries on posting. I think it is good that you can get it all out! I'm glad your doctors gave you something to help with the depression and anxiety. I too am worried about all the pills I was taking and the health of my baby. I guess I just have to wait until my U/S to find out, but all the ladies here assure me that the benefits outweigh the risks. I have to agree because without the meds this baby would probably not be here at all.

I hope the meds kick in soon for you! Keep us updated! :hugs:
Brenda
minnesotamama
Master of HG

Postby HelenA » Jan 29, 2007 7:58 pm

Yes, the benefits are outweighing the risks, you dr/OB would not give you anything that would cause harm in pg, I was on category C drugs all the way through with JJ, and for the last 3 months of Kimi's I was on OTC meds. Both girls are fine, and healthy. I am glad that you got something for the depression and anxiety, HG can make you depressed even when you don't have a history of it, so it's bound to have some effect on you.

You are doing so well, you can do this!! :hugs:
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Postby IslandDreamer » Jan 30, 2007 12:06 am

Annie, hi.

I'm sorry you're dealing with depresion but glad you have a diagnosis and treatment plan. I hope the prozac helps with both the depression and the HG...it was so great for me with my pg with Jack. I felt better within two or three weeks. I was on Prozac, Unisom, B6, iron (blah), Zofran, Colace, Zantac with Jack. (Phen suppositories weren't my friends when pg with Hope, so I avoided them :roll: )

PM me if you want to talk in more detail.

Also, www.motherisk.org is a great resource.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby simplekelly » Jan 30, 2007 12:11 am

this may seem like a "pat answer" but honest to goodness I could have written your post at approximately the same point in pg. i can honestly say that the anxiety has gotten so much better the farther along in my pg i have gotten. it happens only occassionally now rather than the nightly panic attacks I was having. and i too have a history of severe depression and anxiety and was pretty healthy mentally when I got pg.

:hugs: :hugs: you aren't alone.
Kelly
mama to
Jake (1-9-02) MS to wk 13
Justin (6/13/03) NO MS!
Addison (2/16/07) HG wk 8-birth
simplekelly
Devoted to You

Postby jmom » Jan 30, 2007 10:05 am

When I saw the genetic counselor (for level 2 u/s because of my age) I told her about my history of depression and even said if I need the Prozac I should take it because it doesn't cause birth defects and it is much better to have a healthy family for the baby to come into than to have someone trying to stay off drugs they need. She also said you can prevent the tiny chance of baby being fussy after being born by breastfeeding. The breastfeeding apparently naturally weans the baby off the Prozac. I thought that was interesting. You know, the hardest part of starting Prozac is the beginning. You don't feel like you can take it anymore and you decided to start the medication-but you don't feel better yet and you might even have side effects. IT DOES GET BETTER. IT DOES. YOU'RE ALMOST THERE. YOU'RE ALMOST PAST THE HARDEST PART. Most women would get depressed going thru what we do. Those of us with a history of depression are even more likey to have trouble. Really, you're normal all things considered. Hang in there. You can do it. You're made it so far. :hugs: :hgisland: :hugs:
Cristy 20w 3d Jessica
Josh 11yrs
Jenna 5 yrs
jmom
Opinionated HGer

Postby octobermomma » Jan 30, 2007 10:09 am

Annie....here we are posting as much as possible and you are worried about posting too much!!

Please please please post away....lean on us for support....let us make you laugh and hold your hand while you cry! You can get through this....and we will be here every step of the way to help you!

Pm me if you need to talk. Or, if you want a phone call, send me your number....I can do that too! :wink:

Hang in there!!! :hugs:
~Kelly
octobermomma
Master of HG

Postby kk » Jan 30, 2007 10:39 am

Hi hun!! sorry to read that you are feeling so depressed... I'm glad that you have the help you need from your doctor and that you feel you can come and chat here too. Keep posting and get it all out, this place really does help when you are feeling emotionally low as well as physically low as I think many of us know here. HG is not the esiest thing to cope with.... hope you start to feel a bit better soon?

Kate x x x x x x x x
kk
Opinionated HGer

Postby Cindygirl » Jan 30, 2007 3:22 pm

Oh Annie- I'm so sorry you're feeling so low!! I've had scary thoughts too. Just know that you're not chemically balanced now and that it will get better. I have a long history of depression too. It will get better and I can't think of any better friends to vent and let it all out to than the women here. Everyone will understand and be here to help you. Just go one more second, one more minute...don't think about the future too much. Just know it will be better and hang in there!! And by all means, post your thoughts and feelings. Feel free to pm me too. I've been there done that so many times...
Mommy to:
Kalli-9 yo dd, moderate HG
Tiarra-5 yo dd, no HG
Michael-2 1/2 yo, mild HG
PG with baby boy, moderate HG

Cindygirl
Opinionated HGer

Postby Kenderyl » Jan 30, 2007 5:35 pm

Aww... :hugs:

Please don't feel bad about posting your gripes, woes and fears! We've all had our issues to deal with and we've ALL come here to seek support and virtual hugs. While we may not have the same issues, we DO understand that ANY issue alongside HG is worthy of having a shoulder to lean on.

I have a history of severe depression due to chemical imbalances which were worsened by some of my medications. I ended up in 3 months intensive outpatient therapy for it...all because of Prednisone. So, even if my reasons for having depression are different... I definately have a personal understanding of what you are going through emotionally.
Mother to Boo (19), Hopie (18), Kimberz (15), Gracie (9), RiverMonster (6), and our youngest to be...??
Consider me an experienced HG Survivor! 4/5 pregnancies w/ severe HG from conception to birth.
Facebook: Kenderyl
Kenderyl
HG Diva

Return to Second Trimester HG