Need to Vent!

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

Need to Vent!

Postby jamielynn » Dec 19, 2006 9:08 am

Hi there,
I really need to vent this morning. I am 21 weeks along and had my weekly OB visit yesterday. I have been off TPN for 3 weeks. At last weeks check up I had lost 1 lb and this week 2 lb. I am only 2 lbs above my pre pregnancy weight. I am eating these days. Not my normal portions, but plenty.
My doctor wants me to supplement twice a day with* FOODMENT* Ensure. Just the thought makes me sick. She wants me to get extra calories. I get that, but 2 Ensures a day. I don't think so.
As we all know with HG if the thought makes you sick, you are not going to get far.
I am so aggravated.
Jamie
Attach'd mom to Xander(4-12-04) and Zoe ( 5-11-07)
Severe HG both times

jamielynn
Been There Done That

Postby NNicole » Dec 19, 2006 9:18 am

Hey sorry to hear you are still losing weight. I had to drink the ensure 3 times a day I did it for about a week we mixed it in icecream, and anything else we could think of. Finally I couldn't force myself to drink it and my Dr told my to try the carnation instant breakfast it was much better then the ensure! Good luck
Nicole
ImageImage
NNicole
Devoted to You

Postby jamielynn » Dec 19, 2006 9:36 am

Thanks for mentioning the Carnation. I had to switch to that with my last HG pregnancy and it tasted much better. And it was cheaper!
I will have to pick some up.
Thanks again!
Jamie
Severe HG both times

jamielynn
Been There Done That

Postby rjdecker » Dec 19, 2006 11:05 am

Jamie,

I say try to eat what you feel like eating! Anything to help you gain the weight, even if it is candy bars! Don't try to force the ensure, just eat what you can. It might work better that way. Good luck and let us know how you are doing!
Jenny

Nathan, Megan, Amy, Kimmie, and Michael + 4 birds, 4 fish, 1 turtle, and 1 dog!
We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Postby 4rivers » Dec 19, 2006 12:46 pm

My OB wanted me to drink Ensure too, but if you read the ingredients it's made out of several different oils! No wonder it's fattening, and no wonder it makes us sick, I can't eat anything remotely greasy. My perinatologist said not to bother with it and said it was gross so I didn't even try, and just kept on trying to eat whatever I could.
Tasneem
4rivers
Been There Done That

Postby krdoty » Dec 19, 2006 1:00 pm

:hugs:
Kendra, M.W.F.E.
krdoty
Pukologist

Postby Cheri » Dec 19, 2006 7:45 pm

Ackkkk!!!! Not the "E" Word. The thought of the stuff makes me cringe!!! They tell me that there are lots of other similar products to choose from these days, if the Ensure doesn't suit you. (I can no longer stand to go in that aisle of the store, even when I'm not pg, so I don't know.) My first doctor used to tell me to just eat ANYTHING that sounded good and eat as much of it as I could stand. Much less pressure than pushing the E*****!!

Cheri
Baby Lost at 15 weeks 3/02
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Postby jamielynn » Dec 20, 2006 8:46 am

The thougt it just so gross. I am not going to force it and then relapse. I bought some carnation yesterday, at least milk is a real substance.
My other issue with Ensure is that, it was what was in my feeding tube that I had for 2 lovely days. Traumatized!
Jamie
Severe HG both times

jamielynn
Been There Done That

Postby rjdecker » Dec 20, 2006 10:56 am

Jenny

Nathan, Megan, Amy, Kimmie, and Michael + 4 birds, 4 fish, 1 turtle, and 1 dog!
We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Return to Second Trimester HG