anxiety about leaving the hospital

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

anxiety about leaving the hospital

Postby vanessalaizure » Feb 06, 2016 3:21 pm

I'm 13 weeks and been here for 3 days. They were talking picc or ng tube because of my dehydration and history of returning to the hospital. 
They held off on the picc & ng because I have been able to eat. They've had me on Zofran iv every so many hours, Phenergan every 6 hours, pepcid. Also on my 2nd tpn bag. Since I'm doing well here they'll most likely send me home tonight or tomorrow. 

I'm afraid that once I get home, It will only be a matter of time before things get bad again. Is that a legitimate fear? Should I still request to have a picc just in case?
vanessalaizure

Re: anxiety about leaving the hospital

Postby serephimlafey » Feb 06, 2016 8:25 pm

it is a legitimate fear. I've had pregnancy where they let me go, then I'm right back, but I've had pregnancy where they send me home and I get better and maintain. I had a pic line with my first baby but they didn't leave it in when I was discharged so I sadly can't answer that one. I do know that when they let you go don't hesitate to go back if things don't get better.
Barbara
Mommy to
Eli, Dec 02, first hg baby
Luc, Mar 06, second hg baby
Mairin Jade, Nov 13, 3rd hg baby
And baby #4 due early Aug. Hg from 5 weeks
serephimlafey
Been There Done That

Postby lorijohnson » Feb 11, 2016 6:07 am

Many people improved emotionally as they improved physically and could see an end to their recovery time. They also felt confident again because they were more independent.
lorijohnson

Postby Emilly » Jul 05, 2017 11:29 am

lorijohnson wrote:Many people improved emotionally as they improved physically and could see an end to their recovery time. They also felt confident again because they were more independent.

I completely agree with you!!
Emilly

Return to Second Trimester HG