Thank you

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Thank you

Postby Chelseamorning » Oct 27, 2004 10:12 pm

Thanks to all of you and thanks to helpher :D . Thanks also for foodment warning.

I'm 8 weeks pg. HG started at 5 weeks. The last three days, it's gotten worse. I wake up OK as long as I take Zofran in the night. The day has very rough spots, but worst of all is evening. I just took Zofran an hour ago, yet it's all I can do to not vomit (it's 9:00pm). I'm coughing and gagging. Also, get dry heaves even though my stomach is not empty. Why? It's like the whole esophogas reverses but not the actual stomach contents.

I know I'm lucky to get treated so early because I didn't in first pregnancy and that was awful. Still, I must have had amnesia about how very very awful it is. I don't remember the stabbing intestinal pains, or the bile taste etc.

I feel bad that I haven't offered any support on these forums yet. Just surviving. My poor two year old keeps asking, "Mama better now?" And my 4 year old must have asked me 100 times today to play with her. Thank God for dh who is an MD and understands suffering--I wish he were around all the time to boost my spirits and tell me I'm not an awful mom and a wimp. He's on call though and had to go to the hospital. I'm selfish for wanting him to just take care of me and not some stranger. That's mean.

You women are so brave and strong. I feel utterly beaten by HG right now.
HG dd#1 = 4 years old
dd#2 = 2.6 years old

Currently pg with worst HG I've ever had
Chelseamorning

Postby Brenda in Canada » Oct 28, 2004 6:45 am

Oh - was just where you are a few weeks ago! I wish I could pull you forward in time! I know you wish someone could too!

I am at 11 weeks (which I never thought would come) and I am now seeing some improvements that I consider even worthy of calling improvements. I still wish every day would just go faster so I could be out of this - but I have to be thankful for some improvements.

Whine when you need to. I told my dh I hated that I was such a drag to be around. It's hard not to whine constantly when you are suffering so constantly - you can't think of anything else! I hope your dh is good with this - mine was. He told me he didn't care if I whined.

Keep coming here - vent here every day if you need to.

Is there anyone who could come and stay with you? I didn't have much help with my other 3 HG pg, but with this one my mom was able to come for 2 1/2 weeks! I wish every HG suffering woman could have this. She really got us through the worst - from 7 wks to 9 1/2 wks.

Just survive right now - that's all you can do. I hope we can help you through this.
Homeschooling mom to 9 yr old boy, 7 yr old girl, 3 1/2 yr old boy, and 1 yr old boy. Due Mar. 8th with #5. HG pgs with all (gone by 20 weeks) - fortunately with the best husband (of 11 yrs) in the world by my side. www.homeschoolblogger.com/mumof5
Brenda in Canada
Been There Done That

Postby Chelseamorning » Oct 28, 2004 3:53 pm

Thank you, Brenda, for responding :D . I'm considering going home to my mom and dad's for a week with the kids. I know they would take good care of us, but it seems silly to need a rescue at age 33. Dh wants us to do this because he can't take time off and I have to stop paging and calling him at work.

What I really wish is that Mom and Dad could take the kids and I could take some pill that would just knock me out for the next 7 weeks :wink: .
You're right--it's easy to be brave and positive until you're suffering all the time.
HG dd#1 = 4 years old
dd#2 = 2.6 years old

Currently pg with worst HG I've ever had
Chelseamorning

Postby Brenda in Canada » Oct 28, 2004 5:28 pm

Go home to your mom and dad!!! This has nothing to do with age - your are very sick and you and your kids need some help. I found that this time it had less effect on my kids because my mom was there through the worst. It will take a load off your dh for a bit too - I'm sure he feels bad that he can't help more. Could you stay even longer than a week?
Homeschooling mom to 9 yr old boy, 7 yr old girl, 3 1/2 yr old boy, and 1 yr old boy. Due Mar. 8th with #5. HG pgs with all (gone by 20 weeks) - fortunately with the best husband (of 11 yrs) in the world by my side. www.homeschoolblogger.com/mumof5
Brenda in Canada
Been There Done That

Postby Ivydragon » Nov 07, 2004 3:06 pm

Hmmm, a Rocky Mountain Girl, huh? We've got gals in Colorado, Utah, and I'm in Northern Idaho, are you near one of us?

The evening being so hard is likely because of fatigue. It is just so hard to fight the HG at the end of a long day. Sleeping during the day is helpful, but not as great as resting at night. You could easily try a few things. Capitalize on when it's good to eat, and try eating then. You can take your Zofran so that it kicks in and is working well before you start to go downhill. You can take zofran in 1/2 doses more frequently, or take them more when you need them. Taking one at 7 or 8 would probably help that evening nausea much more. Zofran is not a reactionary drug, it is a preventative, and taking them before you are bad is the key. Also, have you tried B6/Unisom to help with that time period. B6/Unisom helps a later time than when it is taken. Morning doses help the afternoon, the afternoon helps the evening, etc. This is also something that you can adjust to when and how you need it most to fight your HG.

Huge hugs and feel free to vent. Going to your Moms is an excellent idea. It's not weakness. Your parents never stop being Mom and Dad, and they are always there for you, especially when you're 33. You are their daughter, and you would be bringing their grandchildren to see them! They'd probably be delighted to help.

Keep us posted.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby mammaclare » Nov 07, 2004 10:01 pm

Please don't feel badly about not offering support. There are times when you are the one who needs to BE SUPPORTED! This is one of them. There is plenty of time in the future for you to come back and support other HG mommies. In the meantime, simply accept our support and hugs and prayers and love for you and don't try and give anything back yet!

You are nearing the worst--like hititng the 13 mile marker in a marathon--seems like it can't get harder and then it does...but you ARE doing it. Your girls will love their new baby brother or sister and it will be worth it. I do remember those stabbing pains, though and they were terrible--you are so starving and your tummy is shrinking and also all worn out from barfing and as if the nausea isn't enough, you have pain too.

Hugs=
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Return to First Trimester HG