I need relief..

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

I need relief..

Postby CourtneyFields » Jan 22, 2017 8:41 am

I am new to all of this. New mom to be. New to HG. I've been struggling for awhile now.
I have puked and puked and puked. It seems right when I get relief from puking everything up it starts again. I know I'm not drinking as much as I should be but it's really hard when you feel nauseous all the time. I have lost 21 pounds in 21 days.... that's more then 10% of my body weight. I've been hospitalized three times for dehydration and I know as we speak could benefit from fluids.
The doctor wrote me a perceptions for zofran which worked okay. Butttt it made me super super constipated and didn't go for a solid week. Finally I went to the hospital for being so dehydrated and also told them about that and they gave me a huge enema that actually worked. I got everything out, and since then I have taken Miralax everyday and had some sort of a bowl movement each day. So when I got cleared out and was regular for the most part I stopped the zofran and went to promethazine which hasn't backed me up so far.

Here's my real question for the experienced?????
I go to an appointment on the 30 th of Jan and I have to have some solutions made for this puking everything up basically.... me being so dehydrated isn't help with the constant nausea. Would I benefit from having IV fluid treatments weekly for a couple days. I just simply know me being nauseous all the time is making me puke more which is lessing my food and water intake. At this point I need relief and don't know what else to do but cry when I get so so sick and anxious.

I found out I was pregnant at 6 weeks..... has symptoms a week before that which prompted me to go to the doctor because I knew the nausea wasn't normal and I was either pregnant or very sick. I'm not 10 w 4 days.

So what would be the best option for me at my next appointment...
I'm very scared if something doesn't get done and I'm not able to keep food food down I am going to get malnourished and I'm sure that will affect me and the growth of the baby.
CourtneyFields

Re: I need relief..

Postby TenPoundHammer » Mar 11, 2017 11:41 pm

Have you received any response at all to your post?

I am in desperate need of help myself as I have absolutely no idea how to help my Fiance with her HG....it is distressing and agonizing to say the LEAST.
TenPoundHammer

Return to First Trimester HG