HG symptoms suddenly gone - sign of miscarriage?

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

HG symptoms suddenly gone - sign of miscarriage?

Postby ifhgmomma » Dec 06, 2016 7:34 am

Hi everyone, I am feeling very nervous. I had HG with my pregnancy for my now 2.5 year old son from 6 weeks to 20 weeks, it eased up for a few weeks, and was back from 20 weeks to birth. I also had a 6 week miscarriage a year before my son was conceived. In that pregnancy I had some mild nausea that suddenly disappeared and the next day I started bleeding. With this current pregnancy I vomited before I could even take a pregnancy test (7 dpo). I started zofran and diclectin before 4 weeks after I got a positive blood test. From weeks 4 to 5 I was vomiting constantly and was in to the ER twice for fluids and lost 5 lbs. Saturday night (5 weeks) I had one small episode of bright red bleeding. They checked my HCG and it was 1200, which doubled perfectly from my first beta at 3w10d of 27. But the ultrasound was inconclusive. My family doctor said it could still be too early to see anything and we are checking my beta again today. I haven't had any bleeding other than that first episode which was a tiny amount. But what has me most worried is I woke up yesterday and felt ok, and today I feel almost no nausea. I didn't even take a zofran today. I have endometriosis and it took 5 years and multiple rounds of IVF before we finally got pregnant with my son. We were so thrilled it only took 6 months this time. I finally built up the courage to try again knowing I might be in for HG again. I'm so worried. The waiting is killing me, and I have never heard of someone having really early onset HG that just went away after a few weeks with a viable pregnancy. Wondering if maybe that has ever happened to someone? I can handle the bad news too, I have been down this miscarriage road before and I know realistically this could go poorly...
ifhgmomma

Re: HG symptoms suddenly gone - sign of miscarriage?

Postby ifhgmomma » Dec 08, 2016 10:34 am

As an update, my symptoms returned the next day and I had a great ultrasound yesterday. So some fluctuation is not always a bad sign!!
ifhgmomma

Re: HG symptoms suddenly gone - sign of miscarriage?

Postby Natasha » Dec 09, 2016 3:06 am

I'm glad the ultrasound gave you some reassurance. Hopefully you will continue to have some HG free days.
Natasha
Been There Done That

Return to First Trimester HG