I can't do this..

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

I can't do this..

Postby Courtneycherie » Oct 28, 2016 8:51 am

I'm a 24 year old mother with a 16 month old. My pregnancy with him was the worst time of my entire life. The WHOLE pregnancy I had HG problems, clear liquid diet for months, but even water wouldn't stay down. Throwing up blood, reripping my esophagus every time I thre up. I had a spit cup the whole time. I was throwing up in a pan while pushing him out. Now, he is a very healthy baby and as soon as I had him I went back to "normal". For the whole time after having him all I could do was eat and eat because I never wanted to feel like that again and enjoyed being able to eat. Well.. Here I am.. 6weeks 6 days pregnant and it seems like the HG is worse this time. I'm so upset and so sad I have to go the rest of this pregnancy AGAIN dying every single day. If anyone has any advice or anything to help please let me know. I don't know how I can do this again....
Courtneycherie

Re: I can't do this..

Postby Beck_ » Nov 03, 2016 9:10 pm

I'm so sorry to hear how tough it was for you last pregnancy and how awful it is for you again. I don't really have any advice sorry, it's just so hard being so very sick, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I really hope you're able to get the help and support you need to get through this. Thinking of you.
Beck_

Postby Saph18 » Nov 09, 2016 9:41 am

Hello !

How are you today?
The second time, what helped me the most was to take it one day at a time, and just have very short term goal to the future. For example, I'll make it to my appointement next week. I'll make it to my ultrasound this week. Then I felt like I was getting somewhere, instead of being discouraged of what was ahead :)

I was also giving myself a goal of something to do everyday and felt proud for doing it. (Taking a shower, reading a book with my son for 10 minutes, getting the mail, emptyimg the dishwasher....) :)

I know it's really hard, but also, accepting that I was disabled the second time, instead of fighting it all along, saved me a LOT of energy and my spirits were better for that the second time, even though I was just as sick. :)

You are not alone, and please, keep posting. The days are are done are done forever, you are a warrior :)

xxx
DS 2012-10: HG from 7-Birth (Diclectin/Metoclopramide - Depression) Survivor
DD 2014-05: HG from 4-Birth (Diclectin/Zofran) Survivor
Saph18
Been There Done That

Postby Cherie88 » Nov 18, 2016 6:52 pm

I am in the exact same boat as you. I'm almost 9 weeks in and have been nonstop nauseated since the 1st day of week 6. The vomiting started about a week ago and I've already had to go into my clinic to have an IV put in for rehydration. I feel dread for the next few months because I know it's not going to abate; last time it was awful but I kept hoping it would end by the first trimester and the hopefully the second. This time I know I'm in for at least another 2 months of this hell. Emotionally and mentally I am not handling it well at all. I'm trying to take it day by day, and to sleep as much as I can but it's difficult to do with my 3 year old wanting to play and be entertained. The Phenergan my doctor gave me seems to do nothing.

My mom had me come over after going to the clinic and I've now been here for a couple days. She watched my daughter and brought me food and drink in bed. Motion is my biggest trigger so the only way to avoid vomiting is to lay absolutely still. The couple days of reprieve I've gotten from being here has been an enormous relief to me psychologically. I've only thrown up once, and the nausea never left but it was a reprieve all the same. I'm heading home tonight and dreading it.

If you can get your provider to help you find a hydration clinic near you, that will help a lot for piece of mind and the feeling sick too. The more dehydrated I got, the worse the nausea got, the more I vomited. It's a vicious cycle. Just know you're not alone, and damn it, we can do this!
Cherie88

Return to First Trimester HG