Surprise (sort of) 3rd pregnancy/Introduction

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Surprise (sort of) 3rd pregnancy/Introduction

Postby raern » Sep 19, 2016 1:21 am

Hello Everyone! My name is Rachael. I had HG with my first two pregnancies, both boys. One is now 7 and the other is 4. With my second it began at 5 weeks. With both I was hospitalized multiple times for hydration, was on Zofran ODT, and VERY narrowly escaped gaining a PICC line. With my 2nd I was also on disability from work for a short while. I was diagnosed with gallstones/sludge/etc in my 3rd trimester of my 2nd pregnancy, and had it removed about 6 weeks after delivery.

We have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years with no success. This was after multiple long discussions and agonizing over whether we could handle another HG pregnancy. When we decided two years ago to start trying to conceive, I was in a good place mentally about it and felt ready. After little success (my first 2 pregnancies we conceived easily), we kind of "gave up". I took it as a sign getting pregnant may not be a good idea, and had FINALLY come to peace with our 2 child family when...SURPRISE! We're pregnant!

I am between 6-10 weeks pregnant (I had stopped tracking), and will hopefully find out soon. We are happy, but it is also completely terrifying. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop and the nausea to start.

I am going to start a B6/Unisom regimen. I tried it for a short while with my first pregnancy with little improvement, but I'm going to be more regular about it and give it a shot!

Any tips, encouragement would be appreciated! I stalked HelpHER with my other pregnancies, but was usually too sick to look at a screen for very long, so I never made an account.

Re: Surprise (sort of) 3rd pregnancy/Introduction

Postby smatarazzo » Sep 21, 2016 9:38 pm

Congratulations! Hopefully you can get back to that place mentally that you were when you decided to get pregnant again. I went through HG with my first pregnancy 2 years ago and am currently TTC. I've been doing my best to prepare in all the ways I can. I found this book to be very informative and helpful as the first go around I wasn't sure what was normal, what wasn't and what I should be asking of my doctor:

You've already done this twice so you know you can handle it. That doesn't make it any easier. I have dreams about being pregnant and just feeling awesome. I still get people saying "every pregnancy is different" and "who knows, next time you could feel good!". I know there is a small possibility but I hold out no hope for it. But now that I know what to expect, like you, we can prepare a lot better!

Good luck, I hope the nausea never comes:)

Return to First Trimester HG