HG hasn't stolen all my joy...

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

HG hasn't stolen all my joy...

Postby jmwmommysings3 » Jun 27, 2007 5:54 pm

*Sigh* The Zofran doesn't seem to be working any more. I'm on Reglan, which does seem to help sometimes but only late in the day, Benadryl, B6 and Zofran and other than :takingzofran: I don't see any other benefit of the Zofran lately. I'm so :( about this. I'm doing ok right now but I think it's because I've had fluids recently however we decided Monday to take the IV out and see how I do on my own. I'm really disappointed.

However... I think I've been feeling the baby move. It's crazy early, the earliest I've ever felt before was 14 weeks but I'm pretty sure that when I lay on my back and specially at night after I've tried to eat, I'm feeling little baby flutters. Is this possible or wishful thinking? It makes me smile and I feel better about doing this, I'm even a little excited about having a baby again. At the moment, even though I'm miserable, I don't hate being pregnant, the HG hasn't managed to eat all my joy yet.
Down to earth breastfeeding support "pub" at The Leaky B@@b http://leakyboob.blogspot.com/
Blogging our adventures here: http://everydayrebel.blogspot.com/
Ophelia- severe, undiagnosed HG, 11.20.98
Lavinia- moderate HG, 03.25.01
Helena- very severe HG, 03.03.03
Evangeline- severe-moderate HG 01.10.08
jmwmommysings3
Master of HG

Postby Jenny » Jun 27, 2007 5:59 pm

So thankful for those tiny flutters how precious they are.

I hope that you are feeling better very soon. :hugs:
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Postby Susannah » Jun 27, 2007 6:05 pm

That's so exciting! I love feeling a baby move in my belly. :hugs:

:cry: Sorry the zofran isn't working. Have you tried increasing the dose? WHat about a pump?
Susannah
Elizabeth born at home 5/25/06 HG 8 weeks-delivery
Rose became our angel 8/2/07
Grace born at home 5/23/08 HG 7 weeks-delivery

Susannah
Forum Moderator

Postby jmwmommysings3 » Jun 27, 2007 7:05 pm

So you don't think it's too early to feel the baby? I'm certain that's what it is because... well, you just know, you know? But still, it seems silly to be saying that this early.

I'm on the max Zofran at the moment and we started noticing on Monday that my vomiting was increasing. I thought it was just because I had gone out but I've taken it easy the past two days and it's still going up. Doesn't look like there's a pump in my future thanks to $$$. I was on one last time and it helped with the vomiting but not the nausea which at least kept me from spiraling down too much. This time, I don't know. I'm waiting to hear back from my m/w as to now what.

I'm trying to focus on the baby and not on how I feel. :verygreen: :sickfast:
Down to earth breastfeeding support "pub" at The Leaky B@@b http://leakyboob.blogspot.com/
jmwmommysings3
Master of HG

Postby mandy » Jun 28, 2007 8:56 am

I felt my little boy move a little earlier than where you are now. It just helps get you through, doesn't it? :)

Mandy x
mother of two
hg from wk 6 - daughter born in 1999
hg from wk 5 - son born in 2002
mandy
HG Diva

Postby mandms mom » Jun 28, 2007 3:18 pm

I'm so glad your finding joy in the good parts of an HG pregnancy. :hugs: . With my second DD , I could feel her flutter when I was on my back during ultrasounds and my OB would be amazed that I could pinpoint the times she was moving and couldn't see the screen ! I was about 11.5 weeks at that point and in the hospital so ultrasounds were a regular occurrance. Your not crazy...your a mommy ! You just know these things ! Congratulations !

Jen
Have a God Blessed Day !
HG Survivor
Mykaila 4/19/03 ~ Severe HG 5 weeks to Delivery
Maia 4/25/05~ Severe HG 6 weeks to Birth & Gall Bladder surgery at 36 weeks
mandms mom
Been There Done That

Postby minnesotamama » Jun 28, 2007 11:27 pm

How great to feel the baby move! I certainly think it is not too early for that. HG can certainly take a lot from us. Its nice to hear you are finding some joy in your pregnancy! :hugs:
Brenda
minnesotamama
Master of HG

Postby IslandDreamer » Jun 28, 2007 11:38 pm

How much Zofran and how often? I had to take 8 mg during the day (never woke up around the clock)...3-4 x/day. Maybe more?

And I'm so glad baby is a mover! Jack and Hope were bopping around inside me at 10 weeks, which was really cool. :hugs:
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby sarahkate » Jun 29, 2007 12:36 am

You're an amazing lady, Jessica, you know?

It doesn't sound too early given that it is number 4 (or have you got this far more than the four times now? I can't see your signature whilst writing?) as you quicken earlier with each pregnancy.
I hope it continues to give you hope and encouragement.

Sarah x
sarahkate
HG Diva

Postby jmwmommysings3 » Jun 29, 2007 10:28 am

Thank you for all the encouragement, that really helps. Sarah, I don't feel so amazing but your comment really cheered me up.

I'm on 32mg Zofran a day and while I'm still not vomiting out of control, the nausea is getting worse and the vomiting is increasing compared to where it was- I kept about 6 oz. of fluid down yesterday and some grapes. It used to be that if I was late getting a dose in I could really tell but now if I'm a little late it doesn't actually seem any different. I'm still really good most of the time about taking it on time. My dh swears it's not doing anything any more. I talked with the m/w and she wants me to try meclizine or cyclizine along with the Zofran as well as some sort of antacid. They'd like to put me on a Zofran pump but we can't afford it so that option is out. It was frustrating to see that even with the fluids and though I feel like I'm drinking and eating a little I've dropped under 100 pounds and I know there's a good chance that I'm going to keep loosing over the next 3 months. My hair is falling out like crazy and I know from experience that it's from malnutrition and I'm going to have to cut it soon.

I told the midwife I thought I was feeling the baby move and she was so happy for me, I thought that was sweet. I laid in bed last night slowly eating some grapes and feeling the little flutters, I'm so excited that this baby is so active already. Somehow, even with feeling so yucky it just makes me so excited, I've even told dh that I think we should have one more after this. He told me I was crazy. :) My dd's are still being wonderful and even when I've gotten mad at them they will tell me "I love you even when you're a grouchy mommy." So, yeah, I feel terrible, but I'm so blessed! Thanks so much for affirming that I could feel this little one already, I was a little worried I was delusional!

Jessica

Oh, btw, my midwife asked if I've been to this site, she thought the information here was great and thought I should join the forums and talk with other women in the same boat. Isn't that so cool?!
jmwmommysings3
Master of HG

Postby clarissa » Jun 29, 2007 10:43 am

Jessica -- I don't know how you keep your spirits up. You are an inspiration. Unfortunately I just can't get excited about this baby until I get better. I am all consumed with my sickness.

I am so sorry to hear that you have dropped below 100 pounds - geez louise that doesn't sound good. At least you have another option with either of the 'zines.

And yes my kids are like yours. I am lucky they understand. My second, Kent (4), draws pictures of me at camp with a little baby in my stomach. Crude drawings of course but it just shows that he is always thinking about me even if he can't express it in words. What a sweet child.
Clarissa
PG #1 DD severe HG -- 5 weeks to 26 weeks
PG #2 DS mild HG - 4 weeks to 19 weeks
PG #3 DS mild HG - 5 weeks to 14 weeks
PG #4 D? mild HG - 7 weeks to ?????Image
clarissa
Been There Done That

Postby Starfoot » Jun 29, 2007 11:35 am

You're my hero too. :lol:
<3 ~ Riella
Starfoot
Master of HG

Postby m_onthemove » Jun 29, 2007 12:51 pm

My oldest keeps telling me we will have another after this one...and it is okay if I am not there for her all the time. Poor girl will be heartbroken when she doesn't get another.
Annette
Caitlin Elizabeth 4-27-01
Jennifer Hannah 9-13-04
Nicholas James due 12-2-07
m_onthemove
Been There Done That

Return to First Trimester HG