Bathing Advice

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Bathing Advice

Postby cthmschler » Jun 07, 2004 4:13 pm

Hello all, I don't really belong here :lol: as I'm 32 weeks along; but in the "introductions" folder and from my own experience, there's a lot of groaning over how hard it is to bathe when you can barely even sit up. I thought that this folder would be the most appropriate for this topic, as it's usually early on that we have the most trouble (although I was well into my 2nd trimester and still sitting in the bathtub while hubby washed my hair :oops: ) Anyways, at my worse I was only able to handle sitting in the tub to be washed, I don't know, maybe 3 times every two weeks?
Has anyone had a "sponge" bath while hospialized? At my hospital they use individual packages of wipes (similar to baby wipes, but thicker and larger) that they warm in the microwave. Well, although we couldn't find the individual packages, my hubby found a large package of eighty (they were called "Adult Body Washcloths". We found that it worked well to put 5-8 of them in a Zip-loc bag (left a little open) and put them in microwave for 15-20 seconds. If you try it, just check carefully first to make sure there aren't any really hot spots. When You've been lying in be for ages, and vommitting profusely, it's amazing how much more human a quick wash up with warm wipes will make you feel. AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET OUT OF BED TO USE THEM! :wink:
Hope this helps someone. . .
Teresa
Mama to Micah Thomas (2-95), Noah Alexander (11-96), Quentin Louis (5-01), and (drum roll, please) Gabriel Ryan (7-04)
cthmschler
Welcomed Friend

Postby otiam » Jun 07, 2004 9:55 pm

You know, when I was in the hospital...over two and a half years ago now...yikes. Anyway they had these shower cap things...that they washed my hair with. Anyway it felt great and I didn't have to move....well I saw them at Walgreens not to long ago. So they are available to the general public for use. It is the same concept, they microwaved it and then put it on my head and massaged it in. Then took it off and combed my hair out...no rinse or anything. Let me tell you I needed my hair washed. I can relate to sitting in the tub with my husband washing me down....not very often could I even handle that!!

Amber
otiam

Return to First Trimester HG