I got to see the heartbeat!!!!!

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

I got to see the heartbeat!!!!!

Postby mjmama » Nov 20, 2006 5:25 pm

I had my u/s today and despite the fact that I am only 5wks 6dys we could see the heartbeat!! I was so excited to see it. I have a picture, but it just looks like a little blob. I cherish it though and I've been taking it out and looking at it all day.

The u/s showed that I was exactly where I thought (5wks 6dys) and the due date is July 17th.

I went ahead and got a prescript for Zofran ODT. We are leaving either tomorrow or Wed for Florida and I didn't want to be stuck there and not be able to get the medicine if I need it. I've been feeling very :verygreen: the past couple days. Although, I haven't started throwing up yet, but I feel it coming soon. I'm just hoping to make it through this trip before anything really bad hits. I'm also hoping if I start the Zofran before I get too sick it will help prevent it from getting too bad.
I guess we'll find out.

My next apt is in six weeks and hopefully I won't see him before that :wink: But he has told me call if you need anything (meaning if I need to go to the hospital). He's a great doctor. He knows me and my pregnancies well and is very pre-emptive and supportive about things.
Tabitha

Three miracles:
Malachi 9/29/01
Joshua 7/4/03
Lincoln 7/11/07

mjmama
Been There Done That

Postby krdoty » Nov 20, 2006 5:29 pm

Yay for proactive care! And I'm all for baby pictures, even if Baby does look like a blob right now. :D I do hope that your trip is a safe one and that your HG holds out so that you can enjoy it!
Kendra, M.W.F.E.
krdoty
Pukologist

Postby bibliojo » Nov 20, 2006 5:41 pm

I'm happy to hear that the u/s went well and you got to see the heartbeat! That's fantastic! Sorry to hear about the :verygreen: already setting in - make sure you stay one step ahead of it though and hopefully the HG be more managable this time round. Take the Zofran as soon as you think you need it rather than trying to tough it out.

Really hoping that the HG holds at bay so you can have a :fluffy: vacation...

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby blessedw4 » Nov 20, 2006 6:22 pm

Tabitha,

How wonderful!!! Good idea on being proactive with the zofran. Hoping you have a wonderful fluffy Thanksgiving.
Marti
With my 4 miracles Annie, Hannah, Nate, and Leah
"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." ~Mother Teresa
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end
blessedw4
HG Diva

Postby AmberWest » Nov 20, 2006 9:12 pm

How wonderful that you got to see the heartbeat. Those are really the best days. Hopefully the HG will at the very least hold at bay till after the holidays if not forever! (One can always hope) :D
AmberWest
Master of HG

Postby Jenny » Nov 20, 2006 10:02 pm

Yeaaa Tabitha, so glad that your u/s was so great!
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Postby carla » Nov 20, 2006 10:13 pm

Horray Tabitha. It is so reassuring to see the HB. I cherished those moments. I hope your trip goes well. Sorry to hear that the illness may be setting in. Time to pull out phase one of the meds, just in case :-)

Have a wonderful time!
Carla
Severe HG with DD (Gracee) 30/03/2006
Severe HG with DD (Amara) 01/04/2008
carla
HG Diva

Postby sarahkate » Nov 21, 2006 2:37 pm

I'm so glad you could see the heartbeat. What a wonderful little bean you have. I hope you don't feel too awful over the holidays. I'm so glad you have such good care in case things are rough.

Sarah x
sarahkate
HG Diva

Postby mjmama » Nov 21, 2006 7:25 pm

Well, I started the Zofran this morning. I threw up, it's the first time but I have a feeling if I hadn't taken the Zofran right after it would have been several more :(

On the up side I did only have to take one and I've managed the rest of the day without throwing up again. I just really want to be able to make it through this trip. We leave tomorrow, provided I do not feel worse in the morning.
Tabitha

Three miracles:
Malachi 9/29/01
Joshua 7/4/03
Lincoln 7/11/07

mjmama
Been There Done That

Postby megs4413 » Nov 21, 2006 8:33 pm

Tabitha, start taking the Z regularly. Seriously. There's just no reason not to if your doc OK'd it and your insurance paid for it. I would start by taking it twice a day (every 12 hours 8mg) and add a dose as your symptoms worsen. I really think that's what made this pg so different for me.....i just straight wouldn't let it get a hold of me.

congrats on seeing the hb! that's SOOO early!!!! it's such a great sight isn't it? i hope you do well on your trip and I hope that baby keeps growing away!

and how about no more pukey days, ok? i'm thinking :bunny:
Megs
DD 2005 severe HG
DS 2007 moderate HG
megs4413
HG Diva

How exciting

Postby BethersinMN » Nov 21, 2006 10:23 pm

That is so neat!!

Hugs!
BethersinMN- Justin 1/9/96 SEVERE HG (9 wks-36.5 wks) Ryan 4/18/09 (HG & Severe Preeclampsia and Hellp at 25 wks emerg c-sec 29 weeks) and 4 beautiful angels 05/21/04, 11/16/04, 7/28/06 & 10/6/12 forever loved with God & my parents till we are all together. We have begun another journey to bring another Baby-Love home. God please grant us faith, strength, courage, patientence and love through this each and every day.
BethersinMN
HG Diva

Postby mjmama » Nov 22, 2006 11:23 am

Megs - Right now I'm on 4mg as I need it or up to 4 times a day. I took one at about six this morning and it helped a lot. I haven't thrown up today. I'm going to take another at 12:00 because the nausea is still her with all her glory :verygreen: :twisted: . I don't want it to get on top of me, ya know. So I'll take it again at 12:00 and see how I feel at 6:00. I'm determined to try and stay out of the hospital this time :lol: we'll see how that goes :roll: My dh was feeling nauseous last night so my hope is that we both have a mild stomach bug and when it passes I'll feel better. I'm sure it's wishful thinking but one can hope.

We are leaving for Florida today (six hour drive) I'm just hoping the Zofran does it's job while we are there and I don't have to make any trips to the er and that I don't have to drive six hours home with my head in a bucket :lol:
Tabitha

Three miracles:
Malachi 9/29/01
Joshua 7/4/03
Lincoln 7/11/07

mjmama
Been There Done That

Return to First Trimester HG