Read this- Marijuana is the only way to stop the nausea.

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Re: Read this- Marijuana is the only way to stop the nausea.

Postby Star1214 » Jul 01, 2013 12:29 pm

I wish it helped me. I'd much rather use mmj than zofran and unisom. All the information I've read about using marijuana during pregnancy has been positive. Mostly how healthy and smart the babies turn out. I'm so worried about my baby.

I'm seven weeks and I'm on zofran 4mg and unisom/b6 and it helps the vomiting but doesn't increase my appetite. Once in a while I get a craving but I just wish I could be a normal pregnant lady and get fat. The side effects of the meds on my baby worry me as does the lack of nutrition :(

I've smoked pot for years. It helps with my digestive issues and anxiety. But I quit when I found out I was pregnant. I was around four weeks. At five weeks I started to get nausea and it seemed like normal morning sickness. But by six weeks I was unable to eat or drink and dry heaving all day with relentless nausea and no appetite for anything. I have tried a little pot a couple of times after researching it and I wish it helped but sadly it doesn't. Kudos to all you moms who use it. I'm convinced its much safer than all these scripts they give us.
Star1214

Postby Fern » Jul 04, 2013 11:59 am

I'd be open to using it, if I could do so legally. I live in a state where we have pretty liberal medical marijuana laws, but I need to find a provider who would be willing to give a card to a pg woman.
I'm sorry it didn't help you, I've had some benefit in the past with appetite and getting rid of the nausea, enough that I'd take it again if I could.
Fern
Many-time HG Survivor!

Twin Angels 4/5/12
Loss 3/18/11
Angel baby, 11/11/09.
Angel baby 5/7/09, forever missed.
Loss 9/08
Loss 8/06
HG with all my pregnancies.

Fern
HG Diva

Postby BecaBoo » Jul 15, 2013 12:54 pm

I must agree marijuana has really helped with my nausea. Im 7 weeks pregnant and have already been hospitalized for hg symptoms on 4 occasions. I was a little worried about the effects the thc may have on a developing fetus but every person I have spoken to who has smoked while dealing with this has had a healthy smart child. Should I let my dr know that I am using weed as a remedy?
BecaBoo

Postby Fern » Jul 16, 2013 2:52 pm

First of all - so great that you are getting some relief! I'm looking around for some myself. As far as telling goes, it might depend on what state you're in. Chances are most traditional docs will not be too keen on the idea. What benefit would you get from telling? Unless you are in a state where you can easily get a medical marijuana card, you likely won't benefit yourself or others by telling. But that could just be me being conservative. At any rate, good luck!
Fern
Many-time HG Survivor!

Twin Angels 4/5/12
Loss 3/18/11
Angel baby, 11/11/09.
Angel baby 5/7/09, forever missed.
Loss 9/08
Loss 8/06
HG with all my pregnancies.

Fern
HG Diva

Postby BoBaby » Jul 23, 2013 1:36 pm

[1]http://www.advancedholistichealth.org/PDF_Files/Regulation%20of%20nausea%20and%20vomiting%20by%20cannabinoids.pdf

[2] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21827451

[3] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21243485

[4] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19924114?dopt=Abstract

Links to articles on MJ and the nausea.

Here's what one researcher said about the different cannabinoids- there are apparently some that are specific for the nausea and now with today's strains you can actually try to request a strain that's more specific for the nausea effects and has less of the "stoney" quality:

Research indicates that Cannabidiol (CBD) has been shown to have anti emetic/anti-nausea properties[1,2] by activating somatodendritic autoreceptors in the dorsal raphe nucleus[2], without the psychotomimetic effects often associated with THC.

Another cannabinoid, Cannabigerol (CBG) may oppose CBD at the 5-HT(1A) receptor in the regulation of nausea [3]. However in my opinion, it does not normally occur cannabis in the quantities that the research was done with. they were testing 1:1 CBG:CBD, and in my experience the CBG is normally outweighed by 2 orders of magnitude. I did however think it was worth mentioning.

I also know that CBD can somewhat counter the psychotomimetic effects of THC [4] if we find it difficult to acquire a pure CBD strain.

FYI, in case this is of interest or helpful to anyone.
DS 2011- HG- B6/Doxylamine/Zofran/Phenergan IV fluids, vomited to 26 weeks, nauseated to 41. Very healthy baby.
Pregnant again April 2014. Hoping early aggressive treatment helps.
BoBaby

Postby Open Minds » Feb 25, 2016 2:11 pm

Hello,
My name is Eric Geisterfer and I do volunteer background research on medical cannabis (marijuana). I'm including a link to a research article I posted which includes the latest scientific evidence on cannabis and pregnancy and will clarify a lot of questions being asked in this forum regarding marijuana, pregnancy, effects on the fetus, morning sickness and HG. Just highlight the link, right click and open article in a new link, it will take you to the article.

https://medium.com/@ericgeisterfer/how-marijuana-can-play-a-medicinal-role-during-pregnancy-508f23f61719#.ik2jeot9x

I hope this helps.
Open Minds

Postby lindashoff » Oct 04, 2017 1:10 am

I agree with you. My cousin gave Marijuana to her daughter while she was feeling nausea and she was really normal within few minutes.
lindashoff

Previous

Return to First Trimester HG