HG Support in Australia

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in Australia and NZ to discuss HG and pregnancy.

Moderators: Trudy, Roni84, Moderators

HG Support in Australia

Postby Roni84 » Jun 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Hello everyone!
Firstly I will introduce myself - My name is Roni. I'm 27 and have 2 beautiful girls born through HG. Adelle is 3 and 1/2 and Hayley is 12 weeks old. I live in Cranbourne, Victoria.
I am admin on a FB page called Hyperemesis Gravidarum Support Australia, we also have a closed group that goes by the same name which allows everyone to post freely without fear of their comments or posts being seen by everyone on their newsfeed. Please feel free to come and join us. If you can't find us then request to add me as a friend (Veronica Sayers) and I will add you to the private group - just send me a message also and let me know that it why you are adding me as a friend.
Anyway - if you don't have FB or don't use it often I am also happy to communicate by e-mail and once e-mail has been established I will be happy to meet up (if you are in Victoria!!) or to give you my contact number so you can call or text any time you need.
Although I have made it out the other side of HG and don't intend (yet....) on having another baby, I know what it is like. It can be so lonely to be experiencing HG and affects so many aspects in your life. Once HG is over it can continue to affect you in many ways.
I felt very alone through my Hg experiences and this is why I am offering my support to anyone who needs it. If you have HG, are planning a subsequent HG pregnancy, have previously suffered HG or have a friend or family member suffering - I would be more than happy to talk with you.
My e-mail address is vnmenkens@hotmail.com
Please feel free to contact me any time
Roni x
DD1 - HG until birth however manageable from weeks 20 to 37. Birth at 43w and instant relief
DD2 - HG until birth slightly manageable between weeks 24 and 34. Birth at 41w5d with residual sickness

"You never know how strong you are until the only choice you have it to be strong"
"My love for you is a journey, starting at forever, ending at never"
Roni84

Re: HG Support in Australia

Postby Roni84 » Jun 18, 2012 5:29 am

Further to that post, there is now also an Australian HER Foundation page now on FB

https://www.facebook.com/HyperemesisEducationResearchherFoundationAustralia

It's young but it's there!!

Roni x
DD1 - HG until birth however manageable from weeks 20 to 37. Birth at 43w and instant relief
DD2 - HG until birth slightly manageable between weeks 24 and 34. Birth at 41w5d with residual sickness

"You never know how strong you are until the only choice you have it to be strong"
Roni84

Postby gremlinsmummy » Jun 20, 2012 8:57 am

Hi Roni,
Another Oz HGer here, my fifth HG bub (4th HG pregnancy as I 'cheated' and had twins lol) was just born on Monday, in fact we're still in hospital even. We're in Sydney. I'll come and find the group on FB :)
DD 28/02/03 HG 8-20 weeks
MCDA twin DDs 14/10/06 HG 6 weeks - delivery via induction at 36+5
DD 09/07/08 HG 6 weeks - delivery via scheduled induction at 38 weeks due to HG
DD 18/06/12 HG 6 weeks - delivery via scheduled induction at 38 weeks due to HG

"I have died every day waiting for you, darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years and I'll love you for a thousand more."
gremlinsmummy
Been There Done That

Postby gremlinsmummy » Jun 20, 2012 8:59 am

Found it! I just requested to join, my name is Emma and my profile pic is DH and I on our wedding day...
DD 28/02/03 HG 8-20 weeks
MCDA twin DDs 14/10/06 HG 6 weeks - delivery via induction at 36+5
DD 09/07/08 HG 6 weeks - delivery via scheduled induction at 38 weeks due to HG
DD 18/06/12 HG 6 weeks - delivery via scheduled induction at 38 weeks due to HG

"I have died every day waiting for you, darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years and I'll love you for a thousand more."
gremlinsmummy
Been There Done That

Postby Roni84 » Jun 22, 2012 12:41 am

Hi Emma,
I added you from my phone but I am not sure if it worked properly. Can you please check and let me know? If it didn't work then I will try another way.
Thank you
Roni x

Roni84

Postby Catduedec » Aug 02, 2012 5:55 am

I'm going to look for your fb site now! I'm Cath, in Melbourne. That's great!!
Catduedec

Postby Nan » Apr 14, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi I'm Wendy, I've jsut requested to join :) I live just outside of Darwin.
1st HG baby, undiagnosed HG from 7 weeks to approx 30 weeks, born 1 May 2011 at 39 weeks
2nd HG baby, HG from 7 weeks to 12 weeks when Little Fella went to heaven <3 (10 Jan 2013)
Nan

Postby Roni84 » Apr 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Hi Wendy,
I didn't see this reply until now!! How are you going?

Roni84

Postby Nan » Apr 22, 2013 11:09 pm

Hi Roni

I'm going good, I've been participating in the FB group and feel a bit less stressed for 'next time', knowing I will have the support :)

Thanks
1st HG baby, undiagnosed HG from 7 weeks to approx 30 weeks, born 1 May 2011 at 39 weeks
2nd HG baby, HG from 7 weeks to 12 weeks when Little Fella went to heaven <3 (10 Jan 2013)
Nan

Postby Roni84 » Apr 29, 2013 5:48 am

Thats great Wendy!! Definitely a supportive place to be!!

Roni84

Return to Aussie/NZ Mothers