Portugal

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in Eirp[e to discuss HG and pregnancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Portugal

Postby Liz » Apr 23, 2007 9:46 am

Is there anyone that honestly only had this condition with ONE pregnancy? And does anyone know how Europe handles Hyperemesis? (Portugal)

Thanks for all the input!!!
Liz

Postby sarahkate » Apr 24, 2007 8:47 am

The people that don't get HG with their subsequent pregnancies tend to not stick around here. But there have been some who have had milder HG, and I have heard people say their obstetricians do tell stories of people who have gone on not to have HG. People on here have also mentioned that on "fluffy" sites there are those that claim to have had HG in the past.

As for Portugal, I imagine it will be somewhere between the UK and the US in terms of management. It's a private insurance system, right? Where if you can afford to, you can choose your obstetrician? I think that, unlike the state systems of countries like Sweden and the UK, you are more able to get what you decide you want, because money does talk. But I would be quite surprised if they were set up for home IVs and the like. I think invasive management will be in the hospital.

I read Spanish fairly well, but not Portuguese. I'm assuming you speak it - I would look for their College of Obstetricans and Gynaecologists on the web and see if they have any guidelines on there.

I hope this helps.

Sarah x
sarahkate
HG Diva

Postby Natalie » Apr 25, 2007 2:16 pm

Hi there.

We have had one lay that I recall in Portugal but her dh was in the military if I remember correctly so they had their own system of managing HG.

You could try pm'ing her and seeing if she had any insight?? I'll try to find the link later for you.

Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby Natalie » Apr 25, 2007 2:58 pm

Hi again,

I just did some searching and I can't find her. Sorry. Maybe she was on the old forum...

Can we try and help in any way?

Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Return to European Mothers