Im back

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in Eirp[e to discuss HG and pregnancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Im back

Postby stephensmam » Feb 03, 2007 8:08 am

Hi everyone ,
im so sorry to be away from the site for so long i have missed you all, it will take me ages to get to know everyone there are so many new members, im really going to make the effort to get back here at least once a day , i have a bit more time,
Stephen has special needs and iv been months trying to organise shchhol and appointments for him he has been diagnoised with aspergers syndrome which is part of the autistic spectrum , we kind of guessed but it was confirmed fo deffinate last week he also has a severe language and sensory intergration disorder and adhd and neuro developmental delay which we knew about but anyway in Ireland to get any help you have to fight and threthen your TDs and write letters and phone people to annoy them until they give in so thats whet iv been doing for the last few monts , so we are sort of sorted i a few more things to do but im nearly there iv really missed coming here,

so im here if anyone needs me,
and can someone show me how to put up the little pictures of the kids when i post cant do it at all

thanks

hugs
Jacqueline x :hugs:
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

Postby Natalie » Feb 03, 2007 8:49 am

Hi Jacqueline

Absolutely fantastic to see you back as always :D

You have certainly had a lot on your plate with Stephen eh? How are you doing? It's such a hard fight to get help. My neighbours's son is severely autistic and they ended up being on national telly (Newsnight) highlighting the struggle they had trying to obtain help from the authorities.

And how are you? Would you say you have recovered from your HG now? Any long term issues e.g. flashbacks? Did you get PTSD? And how is Sarah? Is she now 2?? Is she still a total sweetheart?

All these questions, sorry!

In terms of me trying again - I think you may have me confused with another Natalie (natts) who has recently joined the site and lives in the UK. I'm only just starting to cope with 2, having a #3 would be insanity lol Although never say never.....

Speak soon

Love Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby aaronsmommy » Feb 03, 2007 9:51 am

Great to see you around! I've been wondering about how you and the kids were doing.

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble getting Stephen help. They have some great programs here (Aaron has a good friend at school with Autism and he gets half day preschool with an aide provided just for him)

I've been going through more job related drama, but otherwise we are doing well. Aaron is getting so grown up, and he is doing really well.
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby stephensmam » Feb 03, 2007 10:31 am

Sorry natalie I did get you confused with another natalie can I blame that on HG, lol
I did get PTSD after stephen and to be honest I dont think ill ever get over that pg with sarah no I cant say I did I knew what I was getting into and me like a fool went for it but it was so worth it i glad i did but I AM NOW DONE no more babys out of me and no more HG yeah.
I was mentaly strong on sarahs pg but physical wrecked because i was on steroids ( and im glad I had them dont get me wrong wouldnt change a thing) I got multipal utis cause of low imune system put on loads of weight still trying to get rid iof it 2 years later and have developed a bit of arthritis in my wrist and my ankles still swell God i sound like a crook , im grand really,
Stephen is ok he also has a resourse or learning suport teacher 3 times a day and a special needs assistant 3 times a day to so finaly he is doing ok in school, he is brilliant at art and wants to be an animator when he grows up or an actor like Mr Bean, im starting him in drama on monday, its with a drama therapist she works one to one with kids on the autistic spectrum stephenisnt able to take instruction easily in a crowd so hopefully this should be great, they also do art therapy during the summer so im dying to get him into that,
As for madam sarah what can i say a granny in a 2 year old body she has been here before she is super advanced for her age he language is amazing and cheeky so i have two ends of the spectrum great, shes a headcase and bosses everyone around, dont know what i did for a laugh before she was born.
Stephens friend is coming for a sleepover tonight ( his only friend) he has adhd to great fun hyper hyper, anyway , at the moment they are both fighting over a suitcase even though we have about 5 they both want the same one so just like any normal brother and sister.

Its great to here from you aimee to arron is gorgeous
have to go before blood is spilled
talk to you later
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

Return to European Mothers