FROM India Mumbai

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in Asia to discuss HG and pregnancy.

Moderator: Moderators

FROM India Mumbai

Postby sumaiya » Dec 29, 2012 2:39 pm

my wife is in extreme HG although she and her entire family are doctors yet helpless she is on IV at home itslelf has lost 9kg currently she is 12wk preg , FROM india mumbai.
Her age:31
Mine :26

she took Ondansetron pills didnt work at all
Ondansetron injection 3\day works sometimes
she gets nausea 24*7 vomitting atleast 3 times\day complete bedrest 24*7
is steroid an option?
and should she be admitted to hospital or home IV from her doctor sisters is enough?
Dr Sumaiya
BUMS,R.D,GP and Nutritionist
in 1st HG Preg
https://www.facebook.com/pages/NutriCar ... 32?ref=hl#
sumaiya

Re: FROM India Mumbai

Postby DivineLotus » Dec 31, 2012 7:11 pm

Since she's over 10 wks its ok to use steroids. If she seems ok with the home health she has now its ok to keep her with it. If she gets worse hospital would be a good choice.
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

Re: FROM India Mumbai

Postby Emilly » Jul 05, 2017 11:24 am

A student nurse, when leaving my unit to go back to school, gave the nurses a card with the things she learned while in dialysis. These are some of them. Feel free to add your own.

What happens in dialysis, stays in dialysis

There's nothing worse than a skinny nurse because everyone brings the nurses food

Christmas carols can be sung all year round the team lead is always singing something
Emilly

Return to Mothers in Asia