Thank you!

The HER foundation contributed letters from our forums members for a show that featured Hyperemesis as a topic. The show aired in April of 2007.

Moderator: annmarie

Thank you!

Postby txrhodes » Apr 13, 2007 8:40 am

For 20 years I have been carrying the pain of terminating a pregnancy, thinking I was a hypochondriac, and regretting that I had made the worst decision of my life. I remember I hadn't slept in almost a month, I couldn't even smell food, toothpaste, cologne, just about anything had me hugging the toilet. I remember seeing my ex-husband wide eyed, as I dry heaved, and my body was exhausted and physically I was in a catatonic state. I remember him calling my parents, and saying that the doctors were saying I was just really scared about having this baby, and I needed to relax. I had lost almost 20 pounds in less than six weeks, and the doctor said it was best to end pregnancy, as I was already showing signs of distress and he said I probably wouldn't carry the baby to term. I don't remember all the details, and everything is kind of blurry, somehow, I was young and just did what the doctor told me to do. I didn't have insurance, and he recommended that I go to a clinic, and it was the worst experience of my life. My new husband and I have been unable to concieve and I had not been able to get pregnant and I carried this guilt for 20 years. THANK YOU! I haven't stopped crying, because it is a pretty deep pain, guilt and now I know I was young, and HG impaired my judgement, and that helps ease this. I didn't even want to try invitro, because deep down, I had had a bad experience. and I kept telling myself, it was just God's will. Again, thank you, this information changed my life.
txrhodes

Postby -samanthakay- » Apr 13, 2007 9:17 am

Welcome to the forum and big hugs to you for your pain :hugs: :hugs:
Angelina DoraMae Sev HG 3-38 weeks
Born 3-3-07
I also have two great bonus babies(adopted stepsons) Devon 18 and Tristin 15
I am very active on facebook
-samanthakay-
Devoted to You

hugs

Postby mtlma » Apr 13, 2007 11:10 am

And also from me to you. Hugs and support. I'm so sorry that for 20 years you have felt this way. You are a strong person inside. Keep your head up and know there are people out here that care about you truly. Sometimes people close to you and people who know you just don't understand what their feelings do to you.
Good wishes to you..

mtlma
mom23
mtlma

Return to Letters to Dr. Phil