You might have HG IF...

Need something to do in the comfort of your "home" here? Come play some games with your fellow HGers and get to know them better! Beware, it's very, very addicting.....

Moderator: HelenA

Re: You might have HG IF...

Postby HannahBean » Dec 08, 2012 12:26 am

You lay on the bathroom floor for up to a half hour after vomiting, not just because you are too spent to move, but because the tile feels so nice and cool on your cheek. And it will save you travel time for the next round.
Hannah 8/17/09 HG wk5-22, MS wk35-38, IUGR/Preeclampsia-induced 38 wks

"A hand fell on my shoulder and a voice said reassuringly: 'Cheer up, things could get worse'. So I cheered up and sure enough, things got worse."[/color]
HannahBean

Postby sparky » Jan 03, 2013 2:21 pm

You might have hg if your SO has ever held your hair for you to vomit during sex...and then continued as if nothing happened.

...you have a distinct fear of driving yourself anywhere, but would still rather do that than be a passenger in a moving vehicle.

...you know the medical (non brand names) for every anti-emetic and exactly how you'll react to them.

It's so awesome to have people who can understand what I'm feeling without doubting or offering crazy advice!
sparky

Postby thoma503 » Jan 07, 2013 6:22 pm

If it takes you 2 days to talk yourself into taking a bath/ shower
thoma503

Postby HannahBean » Jan 21, 2013 6:27 am

Scrolling too quickly to the bottom of this page made you wretch.
Hannah 8/17/09 HG wk5-22, MS wk35-38, IUGR/Preeclampsia-induced 38 wks

"A hand fell on my shoulder and a voice said reassuringly: 'Cheer up, things could get worse'. So I cheered up and sure enough, things got worse."[/color]
HannahBean

Postby AstronomyNut » Apr 02, 2013 9:41 pm

if...
...you compliment a nurse for how well he sticks needles in your arm
...you think about writing thank-you letters to the inventors of the medications you take
...you want to scream that the reason you can't just "take a puke bucket and go for a walk around the block" or "get on with life" is because of constant nausea, motion-sickness, muscle atrophy, and feeling faint everytime you stand longer than a couple minutes
...you are flabbergasted when people hear that you didn't puke for a day or that you are celebrating being able to get a load of laundry done, and they say "oh I see you're better!"
Due July 2013 -- Mild HG
AstronomyNut

Postby PittmanOfLaMancha » Apr 03, 2013 6:32 am

...if eight months in you honestly can't remember not feeling sick.
PittmanOfLaMancha

Postby serephimlafey » Apr 11, 2013 3:07 pm

When more than 2 bm a week is a good thing.

When your outside pets forget what you look like.
Barbara
Mommy to
Eli, Dec 02, first hg baby
Luc, Mar 06, second hg baby
Mairin Jade, Nov 13, 3rd hg baby
And baby #4 due early Aug. Hg from 5 weeks
serephimlafey
Been There Done That

Postby LadyBug1 » Apr 12, 2013 12:18 am

When you put back the package of fancy colored straws and pick up the red striped ones, because you're not sure if you can drink out of straws that look different and you're not brave enough to find out...
DD 05/2010 - moderate HG 7-20 weeks (phenegran, IV fluids/zofran), mild HG 20-birth, lost 11% bodyweight
DS 05/2013 - mild HG 6 weeks - 35 weeks (zofran, zantac, B6, tums, colace), MS 35-birth (zofran as needed), lost 7% bodyweight

Tubal ligation following the birth of DS.

My perfect family was worth every minute.
LadyBug1
Been There Done That

Postby SEW » May 26, 2013 4:40 pm

You might have HG if you have one bathroom designated for puking and one for those weekly bowel movements you spend 8 hours trying to work out with an oil-based enema and a glove.
DS born November 2013. Mild HG from 5 weeks - 14 weeks, NVP til delivery.
Expecting #2 due March 2015. NVP began 4 weeks. Early treatment with Zofran and Doxyl., increasing dosage as symptoms worsen.
SEW
Welcomed Friend

Postby MamaElle » Apr 04, 2014 10:29 am

...if you turn off the heat and open all the windows in the house to air out the smells... and it's -20C. Cold? You put on a coat. I'll be under the duvet as my coat's smell makes me ill. With ear plugs. The noise of the fume hood over the stove also makes me ill...
MamaElle

Postby ladyhutch » Jun 30, 2014 8:15 am

Loved the one about puking and sex....that cracked me up. Totally something me and DH would do. Last night, we DTD and he said, "I want to kiss you but I'm afraid you will puke in my mouth and that wouldn't be very sexy."

...when you spend two hours on the toilet trying to poop with a bucket between your knees
...when you start to believe you are some kind of voodoo doll from the number of needles stuck in you
...when you consider punching people who suggest crackers, seabands, ginger, preggo pops, or accupuncture. Seriously, I almost jumped through the phone and killed my sister and sister in laws who SWORE these would work for me. My SIL posted links to preggo pops to every single facebook post I made for a month.
...when you know your house has gotten so bad, and smells like puke so much you won't let the nice ladies from church come clean it.
...when the smell of certain people makes you vomit
...when you feel so awful, driving seems like the worst idea in the world, but you cannot possibly consider not driving, because you will die from the nausea of being passenger
...when you carry barf bags in your purse, pockets, car, spouse's pockets
...when you have a "good day" and get something done and everyone assumes you are "over the hump", then rolls their eyes when the next day you are dead again
...when you are so gaunt looking that people question if you are on heroin or crystal meth
...when you wake up from nightmares about puking to go puke
...when you want to kick someone in the crotch for saying "you're pregnant, not dying. women do this all the time."
ladyhutch

Postby saltmarshes » Oct 12, 2014 1:28 pm

These are awesome - and made me truly laugh for the first time in 4 months! Thanks ladies!!

WARNING: FOODMENT!

You know you have HG if...

You have dreams about putting $50 into a vending machine and having it give you back container after container of hot, fresh, salty french fries -- so many fries in fact that your dream self gleefully skips to kitchen for the biggest bowl you own. Only to wake before you can eat any of these dream concoctions -- and feeling nauseated from what was a wonderful dream moments before.
saltmarshes

Postby cinnimini02 » Oct 15, 2014 5:31 am

even the name of a food makes you gag, even after you've delivered
cinnimini02

Postby Yosefa » Oct 08, 2015 3:49 pm

You've considered naming your child after your favorite drug. "If it's a girl, we can call her "Zofi."

Most stressful part of your day is discussing with your SO what you MIGHT be able to eat.

You drink sweet drinks so your puke won't taste/burn so bad.

You have tons of pillows because you can't hold your head and arms up on their own.
Yosefa

Postby Joswald20 » Jul 04, 2016 7:33 pm

*possible grossment* You pass random places around town and point out the ones you've puked on! HEY I KNOW THAT INTERSECTION! *SO gives you weird looks* lol
Joswald20

Postby smatarazzo » Jul 06, 2016 9:35 pm

You've actually tried the clothespin on the nose idea after the wads of paper and cotton balls wouldn't stay in.
smatarazzo

Previous

Return to Games! Games! Games!