Selling products

We're open to suggestions and questions for the forums.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Selling products

Postby 3sEnough » Nov 09, 2007 4:36 pm

I understand that as of today one can not advertise products for sale. How come this came about? Did something happen that I missed? Does that mean the sorority post is deleted (because it did talk about selling of shirts, pendants, etc.)?

I am confused on this matter and just looking for clarification, please.
3sEnough
Opinionated HGer

Postby dwtegli » Nov 09, 2007 5:00 pm

This was not an "as of today" occurance, we have always asked that no direct selling be done on the site. We have had members mention in passing that they are currently selling something or other, and we have allowed that to continue. What we are addressing by the new guideline is individual members, whether new or old, posting specifically to solicit customers.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby 3sEnough » Nov 09, 2007 5:06 pm

Oh, ok. Kind of like avoid the spamming scenario?
3sEnough
Opinionated HGer

Postby dwtegli » Nov 09, 2007 5:13 pm

Well, yes and no. In some cases it is spam, and that is deleted immediately. In other cases, it is members who are starting a new selling venture, which in and of itself is not a problem, as long as it is mentioned in passing, and not as the direct whole reason for a post. It is a very fine line we walk sometimes, and one we don't get a whole lot of credit for either. The bottom line is, direct selling on the forums is not allowed.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby 3sEnough » Nov 09, 2007 5:15 pm

I understand. Thank you. :)
3sEnough
Opinionated HGer

Return to Ask the Administrators