Happy Birthday Cru!!

Announce your births and share your birth stories here.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47

Happy Birthday Cru!!

Postby karolinagurl20 » Apr 01, 2006 8:48 pm

Well im not quite where i want to be, but I know that will just take some more time, therapy and prayers, but good news I'm on my way and ready to post Cru's birth story.
So most of ya'll know that i had to get an amnio that i was freakin out about. I was a nervous wreck the whole day waiting to go to the perinatologist and then waiting for the phone call from my doctor. Dh answered the phone and then i saw a huge smile :lol: on his face and i just started crying cause i knew this horrible nightmare was on its way to being over. So the next morning at 6 a.m. they called and we went. I was 37 weeks so still just a finger tip but 70% effaced. They started the oxitocin right away. At like 12:00 some old nurse came in my room (my mother in law just got a job at the hospital as the manager of labor recovery) so all these nurses wanted to meet me, didnt feel like chatting. Anyways this old nurse comes in and tells me that its going to take a few days!!!!! What the crap. I lost it!!! I said to my mom in tears i hate her, my mom was dying she didn't know what to do. Anyways after a while i calmes down and my doctor came and put some latex balloon in me and it got me dialtated to a 3 so i got the epi. Oh ya and apparently im allergic to latex i swelled up like 10 bee's stung me. I didn't know that i was. Then he came back at 5 and broke my water. I was doing really well, dh was hyper. He was asking the nurse if he could check me. I was like dont touch me! Then like suzanne already told you at about 10:30 i was saying i was feeling pressure and so the nurse checked me and i was at a 10 so we started practice pushes and i spit all over the nurses face :oops: i was apologizing and she was like "dont worry just push" Then she was suprised how fast he was coming so after 3 she told me to stop my doctor was there in like 5 minutes and i pushed through one contraction and Jeffrey Cru Hall was on my chest gooey. I didn't know he was gonna be gooey :wink: He was born at 11:22 6 lbs 3 oz 19.4 in and so spankin cute :)
As most of you i threw up for a bit after as everyone else is enjoying your new baby and your barfing :roll: I too had some lasting effects of hg for a while that and my medicine issue. But i have gotten my appetite back and not thrown up since delivery. I lost 18 lbs right away and everyone was telling me they were jealous, meanwhile im so weak i could barely walk, but whatever i want to set everyone strait but dh tells me its pointless that they'd never understand and he's right. So now im working on getting sleep (im an insomniac) and building up strength. I lift a can of pineapples as my weight :oops: I'll get there though. I love you all so much. Thanks for reading my story. I'm so glad I was able to post it. Kayla
severe HG
1st and last timer
karolinagurl20
Been There Done That

Postby BrandiJK » Apr 02, 2006 4:19 pm

((((((((((((((Kayla)))))))))))))) I am so glad to be able to read your birth story, and know you are on the other side of this ordeal. I know, you still have a way to get done, but your on the other side and that is so amazingly wonderful!!

Take your time in rebuilding your strength. I get comments about my weight as well, your Dh is right, no one will get it. I just say "HG is a great diet, right up there with bulimia" Most people don't get it completely, they just hear what they want to hear. Some laugh, and some get smart and shut up.

I can't wait to see pics of Cru!!!
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Were all so happy

Postby BethersinMN » Apr 02, 2006 7:29 pm

We are all so happy that you and baby are ok!! I am glad you are getting better too!!! Congrats on your baby!!!

Much love, Bethers
BethersinMN- Justin 1/9/96 SEVERE HG (9 wks-36.5 wks) Ryan 4/18/09 (HG & Severe Preeclampsia and Hellp at 25 wks emerg c-sec 29 weeks) and 4 beautiful angels 05/21/04, 11/16/04, 7/28/06 & 10/6/12 forever loved with God & my parents till we are all together. We have begun another journey to bring another Baby-Love home. God please grant us faith, strength, courage, patientence and love through this each and every day.
BethersinMN
HG Diva

Postby Cin » Apr 02, 2006 8:02 pm

So glad to read your story, and so glad you are back here. Welcome, Cru!
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Edward, 4 -- avoided clinical HG through aggressive pre-emptive treatment and pure luck (aka medicated fluffy)
Cin
Forum Moderator

Postby caleighbelle47 » Apr 03, 2006 12:18 am

Congrats on the baby. Hope you're doing good.
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Apr 03, 2006 5:19 am

wonderful to hear from you, and hoping you feel better every day! can't wait to see pics!

hugs

sarah
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby nomore » Apr 03, 2006 7:57 am

kayla-

CONGRATS :) He is finally here and you are on your way to being recovered :)

YEAH!
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby blessedw4 » Apr 03, 2006 8:47 am

Kayla,

Congratulations. Can't wait to see pictures. Insomina is normal, we all understand.
Marti
With my 4 miracles Annie, Hannah, Nate, and Leah
"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." ~Mother Teresa
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end
blessedw4
HG Diva

Postby Marie » Apr 03, 2006 11:15 am

(((Kayla)))

So great to hear from you :D I am happy that you were able to post all about baby, and will be looking for updates on your recovery.

Congratulations on lil Cru...would love to see a pic of your stinkin cute babe :D

Hugs,
Marie
HG baby arrived 11/18/99.
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

Return to Birth Announcements