Palmer Irene is here!

Announce your births and share your birth stories here.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47

Palmer Irene is here!

Postby MamaJessie » Sep 18, 2013 11:13 am

Hello everyone! Miss Palmer is finally here! She was born at 40 weeks 1 day Sept 3rd at 2:02pm 5 lbs 15 ounces (yes small for a baby that was overdue, but I only gained 4lbs the whole pregnancy lol) 20 inches long, WILD red hair (which comes from generations back) and perfectly healthy! I was induced that morning at around 8am, my doc came in and broke my water around 1:30ish. After a stern talk from my DH, I got the epidural. He said he was tired of seeing my suffer for nine months and really wanted me to get the epidural. It didn't end up not mattering because she came before the epidural had fully kicked in lol. My legs were numb for HOURS after I delivered. The nurse told me to practice push as I was 10 cm and ready to go. I asked her if she was sure bc in my family, we push very well. She laughed and said "yea, just a few practice pushes." One push and the nurse screamed "STOP! Don't sneeze, don't laugh, don't even move-I see her head!" The doctor came in a few minutes later and one more small push and out she came! It was one of the most beautiful moments of my life! I hate HG, but I LOVE having babies! My DH, mom, and MIL were in the room and they were all so supportive and great during the whole labor and delivery! The nausea stayed around for almost a week, I even vomited the first night we were home, but I'm blessed to say THE HG IS GONE!!! My whole family says they didn't realize how bad I was until now. My mom cried the other night and told me how happy she was to hear my voice and see me bouncing around the house bc for 9 months I mostly grunted my responses and was laying on the couch or my bed. My DH is thrilled and every day says how happy he is that he has his wife back. I'm ecstatic! I feel amazing, I have 2 beautiful DD's that I'm head over heels for, and a family who supported me through the whole HORRIBLE pregnancy! I want to thank all of you brave HG Mama's who have been there for me. You encouraged me on days that I wanted to die, lifted me up when things were so dark. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! And to anyone still going through HG- It's worth it- so unbelievably worth it! God has truly blessed me and I cannot praise him enough for it! Thanks again ladies!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Payton- 03/2011 Moderate HG 5 weeks-birth
Palmer 9/2013 Moderate HG (Worse) -birth
"I can do all things through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:3
Welcomed Friend

Re: Palmer Irene is here!

Postby Jocelyn » Sep 26, 2013 1:37 am

Congratulations!!!! She is beautiful! :D

Re: Palmer Irene is here!

Postby ShannonD » Sep 27, 2013 1:47 pm

Congrats! I had the same "pushing" experience with my DS..... 1 practice push & the nurse ended up catching the baby! lol Not good at being pregnant, but a great pusher!! lol
Owen - 2008/09/06 - HG 5 wks until delivery, untreated/diagnosed until 18wks, multiple IV's & Zofran, lost 55lbs
DS - Due Date 2014/03/12 - HG 5-22wks, multiple IV's, Zofran & Acupuncture, lost 35lbs. Medicated Fluffy 22-32wks. HG started back up at 32wks :(
Been There Done That

Return to Birth Announcements