Randy Michael was born! A BIG BOY at almost 11lbs!!!!

Announce your births and share your birth stories here.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47

Randy Michael was born! A BIG BOY at almost 11lbs!!!!

Postby Erika1202 » Jul 17, 2013 11:25 am

Hi ladies, writing this 7 weeks late, but my HG baby was born on May 29th and he was a BIG BOY! 10lbs and 14oz and 23inches long (yes, almost 11lbs!) and I had him vaginally too! No one had any idea, we thought maybe he would be 9.5lbs at the most!
My labor was pretty hard and long, (i pushed for about 2.5 hours ) and I still have recovery to do and healing, but I take over the HG any day. My midwife was shocked at his weight too!
He is very healthy so far (but quite the appetite!), no complications, and came out no problem believe it or not.
The pediatrician in the hospital said that he could of been taking all of my nutrients could of been a reason of why I was so sick and why he was so big but no one really knows what causes big babies or HG (which we already know!).
Also, I gained close to 60lbs the last few months of my pregnancy after not gaining any the first 4 months, but within the 2 weeks after giving birth was back to my pre-pregnancy weight and right now I am even below my pre-pregnancy weight which MIGHT mean all of the weight I gained could of been water, but I have yet to ask my midwife if that is a possibility of why I lost my baby weight so fast.
I just wanted to let you all know that there is relief at the end of the tunnel, and that big babies are possible from HG! so who really knew?
Has anyone else here had a crazy big baby too?
Erika1202

Re: Randy Michael was born! A BIG BOY at almost 11lbs!!!!

Postby leahmsilverman » Jul 17, 2013 5:47 pm

No crazy big babies here - just about 8.5 lbs. But, I just wanted to say congratulations!!!
DS 12/22/08, hg from 10wks to birth
DS 09/15/10, hg from 6wks to birth
DS due in 08/2013, hg from 4wks to birth

Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC)
leahmsilverman
Been There Done That

Re: Randy Michael was born! A BIG BOY at almost 11lbs!!!!

Postby AstronomyNut » Jul 23, 2013 9:16 pm

Congratulations! Are you eating lots of yummy foods now? My DD was 7lbs 13.5oz, I can't imagine 11 lbs! So glad everything went well for your labor :)
Due July 2013 -- Mild HG
AstronomyNut

Return to Birth Announcements