just called all my reps and messaged some

The HER Foundation presented a Congressional Briefing on Sept. 28, 2005.

Moderator: Kimber

just called all my reps and messaged some

Postby IslandDreamer » Sep 27, 2005 4:55 pm

Here's what I sent President Bush and Senator Debbie Stabenow.

Dear Senator Stabenow,

I am writing to request that you or a member of your staff attend the Hyperemesis Gravidarum briefing scheduled for Wednesday, September 28, at 8:30 am in the Rayburn Building, B338.

Hyperemesis is a complication of pregnancy characteristized by severe nausea, vomiting, dehydration, malnutrition, ketosis, electrolytic imbalances, organ failure, fetal death, and in circumstances of undertreatment, maternal death. Currently, the CDC gathers data on HG pregnancies ONLY IF the mother is admitted to the hospital as an in-patient. Most HG patients get the majority of their treatment from medications, home healthcare, and ER visits; thus, this majority is not counted by the CDC. This needs to change, and research needs to be conducted to end the senseless suffering of HG families. Many families are faced with financial problems when trying to maintain treatment and medications; some families split up; some women become so sick they terminate planned wanted pregnancies. It is a cruel condition that is not fully recognized or understood, and the Hyperemesis Education and Research Foundation is trying to change this, trying to increase awareness.

Please take the time to attend the briefing or to send a staffer. And at your leisure, please visit www.hyperemesis.org to learn more about this condition.

I am currently surviving my third case of Hyperemesis with the help of over $3000 in medication each month and bedrest. I hope to deliver my second living child in November. Mine is not the only story of loss (I've lost three babies to miscarriage). Many women suffer greatly with this treatable condition.

Please feel free to email me at drapeau@oakland.edu.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Suzanne D M
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Return to DC DELEGATION TO CAPITOL HILL