DC Contributions & Appreciation

The HER Foundation presented a Congressional Briefing on Sept. 28, 2005.

Moderator: Kimber

DC Contributions & Appreciation

Postby Kimber » Sep 22, 2005 10:58 pm

There is always a button on the site for donations. When we have special campaigns, it will lead to special pages that allow us to see how successful we were by tracking donations. Most of the time it will go to a general donation page where you can donate by credit card or see the DC area address which is considered our Headquarters.

When we track campaigns, it is beneficial if even one dollar is given, not just to help out with the many costs involved in putting on this presentation, but also to show interest. We are able to report the number of people donating, which tells Congress how many people are involved and supporting the foundation. Most people don't know this - it is something new we recently added.

[If I may interject a laugh here about how people were shocked that Andy volunteered her time. I recently applied for a new credit card and they asked me what I did for work. I told them about the foundation, and they asked how long I had this job, and I said 5 years, then she asked what my annual salary was and I said - zero - it's all volunteer - the phone went silent. She was shocked. I laughed. I love my work - it's more rewarding than any other job I have had - well neonatal ICU nursing came in a close second.]

If I can share one sentimental thought - it was almost exactly 5 years ago (9/2000) that I put hyperemesis.org online. Thank you all for participating and supporting this foundation. It has grown tremendously and we have had over a quarter million visits to our site this past year - and it grows monthly. Many of you may not know that we (well, usually me ':)' get somewhere in the range of 100-200 emails per month from women needing help. Thanks to all of your help, I am able to direct many to the forum for emotional support. I am so thrilled to see the impact of our many hours of work. So much goes on behind the scenes such as the research and campaigns, not to mention the web maintence and press releases. I'm so glad we have such an active group of women to participate in our research and campaigns!

Thanks! I hope we can report exciting news in the coming months about our research endeavors with USC.

Kimber
Kimber
kimber@HelpHER.org
kimber@hyperemesis.org
HER Foundation Co-Founder
Director of Ed & Research
2 pg w/nine-months of HG
Mom of two - 1999, 2003
Kimber
Forums Administrator

Postby Atsie » Sep 23, 2005 7:35 am

Kimber,
Thank you so much for all your time and effort! I don't know how many days I think this page is the only reason I made it through the day and pg. This web page helped me take control of my pg and learn what I needed at what to ask for.
Thank you so so much.
Erin
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby dwtegli » Sep 23, 2005 9:00 am

I would like to second Erin's thank you. Without this site I don't know how I would have made it through my last pregnancy. It is a wonderful site and a wonderful resource for anyone affected by HG. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you do. You are awesome.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby mandy » Sep 23, 2005 11:06 am

I found this site too late to support me through my pregnancies but it has helped me hugely in coming to terms with what I went through. It is also wonderful to be able to participate in a small way to help others going through it now. I hope you get lots of donations....

Mandy
mother of two
hg from wk 6 - daughter born in 1999
hg from wk 5 - son born in 2002
mandy
HG Diva

Postby BrandiJK » Sep 23, 2005 1:35 pm

I also would like to add my thank you, to every one who makes this site possible. I could not find the words last night to express how I was feeling, I still find myself unable. But I would like for you to know how much this has impacted my life, not just through the HG so far, but on so many levels. From new friendships to opening my eyes to the joys and truths of the cycle of giving and recieving. I don't know if that makes sense, but thank you
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby HelenA » Sep 23, 2005 4:58 pm

Adding my thanks as well, I don't know how I'd have got through the end of my pg without the help and support of this organization, and I know for a fact if it weren't for this place I wouldn't be planning on having another in the future. At 4 months gone I had said there is no way I am doing this again, she will have to be an only child, but now with the support and encouragement I have recieved I know that I CAN do it again, even if I feel as bad as I did this time, but this time I would do things differently, like have a protocol, chose a dr who has dealt with HG before BEFORE I start TTC, I now know about the meds, treatment and other things that I had no clue about before. I know it will still be a HUGE challenge for me when the time comes especially as I will have Kimi running around by then, but I just know I will have all the support I need right here!
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Return to DC DELEGATION TO CAPITOL HILL