H. Pylori and Mastic Gum Research

A place to put all your general HG related questions, topics and comments.

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme

H. Pylori and Mastic Gum Research

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 11, 2004 12:50 pm

I ran across this while I was archiving the old HER forum messages, and thought I'd toss it in here and see if anyone had time to look up this info for us. Here's the original post

Andy

Blessings all,
Just FYI-- in western medicine the standard protocol for treatment of h.
pylori is heavy duty antibiotics. But there is a MUCH better and safer way
to treat it--- Mastic Gum. H. Pylori is a spirochete--- spiral shaped bacteria. It can withstand the very hostile environment of the stomach and burrows itself into the mucosal lining of the stomach where it then thrives. Most antibiotics are formulated to withstand the stomach,too and are assimilated into the body system once in the small intestine. Therefore, lots of antibiotics are tried and very few actually work against h. pylori. Mastic Gum is a tree resin from a medeteranian shrub. The best way to buy it is from a greek foods/med foods store in it whole and natural form. You just chew about 1gram a day-- it chews like gum and has a great flavor. (piney!) then swallow it down. Do a six week long course and then do a breath test for h.pylori. I did a 6 week course of mastic gum before my last pregnancy and I didn't experience a miracle. But I don't really think I had h.pylori anyway.
Blessings,
April
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby kirsty » Aug 17, 2004 6:30 pm

I had heard of this connection to H polori, so had myself tested a month ago before ttc. I didn't have it. has to be the first time I've ever been disappointed NOT to have something when getting a test! :lol:
anyone else been down that road?
Kirsty
Kirsty
kirsty
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 18, 2004 11:27 am

Yeah, most HGers test negative to H. Pylori, and many really are disappointed because of the possibility of "fixing" the HG and not getting it again (a dream we all share). I've only known 2, maybe 3 HGers in the last 3+ years NOT to test negative.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby jjbeck » Aug 24, 2004 9:01 pm

I thought there were a few of us w/ h pylori infection. Didnt we have a post going over at HUGS?
In any case, I took a couple of course of the dreaded triple pac...did not really prevent the HG though.
Jen 34
HG X2

DH Bob
DD Ava 4/04
jjbeck
Been There Done That

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 25, 2004 11:59 pm

Yup, there were a few of you, but not very many at all, and even fewer to then have faced HG again. One of these days I need to start sorting that old archive.

Andy
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to Polls & General HG Questions