MOTION SICKNESS

A place to put all your general HG related questions, topics and comments.

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme

Do you suffer from motion sickness?

Yes, I suffer from motion sickness.
69%
No, I don't suffer from motion sickness.
31%

Total votes : 61

MOTION SICKNESS

Postby mhansell » Jul 04, 2004 12:46 pm

I suffer from motion sickness and was wondering if anyone else does. Maybe this could be a reason for my HG.

Mary
I survive 2 pregnancy enduring HG and I have two beautiful sons to prove it.
Christopher(2001)
Nicholas(2004)
DH Geoffrey
mhansell

me too

Postby Pesto7 » Sep 30, 2004 3:04 pm

Yes. I have always had bad motion sickness. I've heard that hg is more likely in people with motion sickness. I don't know if this has any bearing, but my mother is convinced that my motion sickness is caused by repeated ear infections I had as an infant. No one else in my family has motion sickness or hg and I come from a BIG family. I am curious if anyone else thinks there is a connection?
Pesto7

Postby Lil7Deb » Oct 06, 2004 8:08 pm

No motion sickness for me. Thank goodness! :)
Deborah

Mom to Mackenzie (2002) and Collin (2005)
Lil7Deb
Been There Done That

yes, but can't vote

Postby IslandDreamer » Oct 14, 2004 2:10 am

Yes to motion sickness. Worse with each pregnancy. (4 pgs and one living child.)

My Mom still says she couldn't go to the corner drugstore with me in the car without me puking as a baby and little kid. I remember being really happy when my father brought barf bag home from his business trips :lol: .
Last edited by IslandDreamer on Feb 14, 2005 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby teddi » Oct 24, 2004 2:59 pm

I have suffered from motion sickness my whole life. My main problem is visual disturbance (I have very good peripheral vision and I have to keep my eyes up and focused ahead of me while traveling).

I also am light sensitive (bright lights are painful to me) and also to loud noise. I also am cold sensitive- hate wind (and fans too) unless it is a very hot day. I feel like the sensitivity level of my central nervous system is set to "high".

I don't think motion sickness causes HG, but my personal working theory on HG is that it is a brain thing. I think it strikes women who have a CNS that can be easily disturbed by the biological changes of pregnancy (particularly hormones) that may affect brain function- rendering us nauseated and at risk for all the little factors (hepatic function, slowed motility of the disgestive system) to be more than our brains can tolerate.
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Postby adelmaal » Feb 11, 2005 3:22 pm

My children and I all suffer from motion sickness. It's funny how people sometimes don't take us seriously in the car and refuse to pull over. It's only once we vomit that they really get the picture - LOL.

I also had chronic ear infections when I was young. I would get to the point where I would go deaf for awhile. I am deaf in my right ear because my mom had german measles when she was pregnant with me. I think that might contribute to my motion sickness.

But my children both have it and they aren't deaf at all. They just have chronic ear wax buildup, which needs to be lavaged every once in awhile.
Aryn-Leah

Alexandria Caelan, DOB 3/25/95
Cole Vincent, DOB 5/27/98
Raegan Reese, EDD July 24 2005
adelmaal
Been There Done That

Postby Lil7Deb » Feb 13, 2005 7:16 pm

I tend to think that the motion sickness is a side effect of my pregnancy. This is the only pregnancy I've had it. Pretty pronounced. I drive around with a bowl! But when i'm not pregnant I've got an iron stomach.
Deborah

Mom to Mackenzie (2002) and Collin (2005)
Lil7Deb
Been There Done That

Return to Polls & General HG Questions