How common is this side effect that we hardly ever mention?

A place to put all your general HG related questions, topics and comments.

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme

During HG, did you pee when you puked?

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes : 85

Postby BrandiJK » Aug 22, 2005 7:44 pm

Oh dear, I had not thought of that of that. Well...I guess she's got a lot to tell people!
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

I remember it well

Postby shermsen3 » Aug 22, 2005 8:53 pm

I also had this problem during my pregnancy. I remember my mother-in-law wanting me to let other people stay with me so her son could get out of the house during my pregnancy. I informed my DH that I really didn't want anyone else seeing me puking and peeing in my pants. I had to have towels because I didn't like wearing underwear or anything else for that matter that put pressure on my stomach. I was also hooked up to a feeding tube and a central line so making it to the bathroom fast was impossible.
shermsen3

Postby mrsbigdog » Aug 27, 2005 8:27 am

I sent my dh to Walgreens to buy adult diapers and wore them all the time until vomiting was under control.
3x HG survivor: Theresa - 11/88, Katie - 1/95, Emily - 1/06
(one HG baby in each of the last three decades! - yes, just call me crazy)

mrsbigdog
HG Diva

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 28, 2005 11:16 pm

I was just practicing my wee-puking today. :wink: Like a riding a bike...you don't forget how. :?
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby carla » Sep 05, 2005 11:52 pm

I have wet myself a little during the retching. I don't care too much until afterwards, so I still puke into the toilet and deal with the other things later.
Severe HG with DD (Gracee) 30/03/2006
Severe HG with DD (Amara) 01/04/2008
carla
HG Diva

wee_____ fill in the blank

Postby Susannah » Apr 14, 2006 10:33 am

I seemed to have weepukes and weesneezes. My husband would "scare away the sneeze" if I was sitting on the couch so I didn't pee on it.

About half the nights I have layed on waterproof pads- easier than changing the whole bed if I don't get up in time. My worst puking sessions I would either sit on the toilet and throw up into a bowl, stand at the sink and puke with towels under me or just give up and get into the shower with my bowl... Less to clean up on the pee end of things and the water seemed to take away the smell. I would stay until the hot water ran out. The only problem was the act of getting out and drying off would often restart the vomiting.

I found that for not so bad days I would carry two disposable hot drink cups (one inside the other and a lid on top). That wat I could be sipping on a drink and look "normal" until I needed to vomit, and then I would only have to take the bottom cup off. The lid came in handy for decreasing the smell until I could dispose of it. My husband and I took a trip to Hawaii and all the pictures have my cup in them. He just loves to tell people what they are actually for.
Susannah
Elizabeth born at home 5/25/06 HG 8 weeks-delivery
Rose became our angel 8/2/07
Grace born at home 5/23/08 HG 7 weeks-delivery

Susannah
Forum Moderator

Postby jesspinky1 » May 22, 2006 3:57 pm

this may be TMI, but I didn't pee when I puked. I have a huge amount of vaginal discharge with my pregnancy, and instead of pee coming out, discharge comes shooting out! Its so gross! Mostly I am not wearing anything at all, so I just kinda clean up the floor. Sorry if TMI.
Hailey 7-23-98 HG baby
Isaiah and Malachi 3-25-03 NVP
Dominic 2-27-01 adopted
William 11-14-06 HG baby
Aaliyah 10-3-08 HG baby
jesspinky1
HG Diva

Previous

Return to Polls & General HG Questions