Need some help- HG & Thyroid problems

A place to put all your general HG related questions, topics and comments.

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme

Need some help- HG & Thyroid problems

Postby teddi » Apr 08, 2005 12:35 am

I am trying to get some info for another mom dealing w/HG & Thyroid problems. Specifically T3 Toxicosis- a form of hyperthyroidism. However, anyone who has dealt w/HG & thyroid problems I'd be interested in hearing from you- what treatments you had & how your HG/NVP was treated.
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

oh man

Postby IslandDreamer » Apr 08, 2005 7:17 am

Hi Teddi,

Sorry to hear thyroid is an issue...as if HG and PTSD weren't enough. I'm not real familiar with that form. Is it hypo or hyper? There's a great book by Mary Shalom (sp) called _Living Well with Hypothyroidism_ if it's a hypo version. I am, however, glad that the docs gave you full testing. I'm still trying to get antibody screens. So thanks for the reminder...man, I need some bloodwork.

Love you,
Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Juliette Punchello » Apr 13, 2005 9:50 am

Not sure what the specific type of hypothyroidism is that you are working with, but I do have Hypothyroidism (since I was in my early 20's) as does one of my four sisters. We both take a daily dose of thyroid medicine and continued this during our pregnancy. You do have to have blood work done regularly (yearly or more if you are breastfeeding) to make sure that you are getting the proper dose of meds.
Juliette Punchello

I had hyperthyroiism

Postby princess » Apr 13, 2005 10:36 am

My hyperthyroidism was onset by my HG. I have done a lot of research on it since then. There is a great website called www.ithyroid.com. I learned a lot there. It has info for both hypers and hypos. I was on PTU my entire pregnancy, and it really helped, but they had to monitor me very closely. I do think these thyroid problems are highly attributed to nutritional deficiencies. I take a b-complex and copper every day for this reason. Let me know if you have anymore specific questions.
-Erin

Wyatt- 8 (NVP)
Julianna- 6 (HG)
princess
Been There Done That

Return to Polls & General HG Questions