Is your mouth sensative to touch?

A place to put all your general HG related questions, topics and comments.

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme

Is your mouth sensative to touch? (please read post before voting)

Yes only when pregnant
36%
Yes, all the time. (please post and say if it's more so pregnant or not)
27%
No never
27%
Other Do share your thoughts!
9%

Total votes : 11

Is your mouth sensative to touch?

Postby Lil7Deb » Feb 20, 2005 1:47 am

I wonder if I'm alone in this.

This pregnancy I have noticed that drinking from a glass is very difficult because of how the liquid hits my mouth. I cannot handle any liquid touching my cheeks.

I also cannot handle any touching of the toothbrush to my cheeks, or mid way back on my tongue.

This is definitely a pregnancy symptom, though I know my tongue was sensative before just not this sensative.

Does anyone else have similar when pregnant? How about when not pregnant?
Deborah

Mom to Mackenzie (2002) and Collin (2005)
Lil7Deb
Been There Done That

Postby PamelaRose » Feb 20, 2005 2:38 am

Ummm, I don't know?! I know that drinking didn't trigger vomiting (until it hit my stomach, that is), but I did hypersalivate before throwing up, and that extra saliva was always the sign that I needed to head for the toilet.

I have TMJ disorder and had my jaws reconstructed 15 years ago. Since then, my face is extremely sensitive (or not, since some nerves never came back). I'd be more willing to guess that any relation to HG came from inner-ear/balance issues for me, but who knows.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Lil7Deb » Feb 25, 2005 3:58 am

Yeah from the looks of the poll it would seem that most women aren't very sensative in the mouth. That's cool. It was just a thought.

Interesting about the ear thing. I wonder how many had inner ear infections as children?
Deborah

Mom to Mackenzie (2002) and Collin (2005)
Lil7Deb
Been There Done That

sort of and sort of not

Postby IslandDreamer » Mar 06, 2005 11:32 pm

I have a tremendously strong gag reflex and it takes a lot for me to puke. BUT I cannot kiss sometimes of the month as I get gagged out or certain things in my mouth in a certain way can trigger an HG flash. Someone someplace was talking about holding a pencil in her teeth and I thought YES that makes me want to gag too. So I voted yes all the time only because yes when pg and sometimes when not pg wasn't an option....I'm kind of between the first two options.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Return to Polls & General HG Questions