How can I convince my mom?

A place where partners, fathers, friends, and family members can discuss experiences and difficulties regarding loved ones' Hyperemesis.

Moderator: cormander

How can I convince my mom?

Postby SharonMCovert » Sep 06, 2016 11:31 pm

I’m married and mother of two. My parents are in theirs 90’s and live in their own. My dad is partially paralysed and couldn’t move without someone’s help. Mom is his primary caregiver. Last month she had a chronic heart attack and luckily recovered from it. Doctor advised to give proper attention to her. Her condition is very bad. I don’t think that she could take care of dad anymore. .She needs a break. It will be difficult for me to stay with them because we have been staying with my husband’s parents. I’ve been repeatedly recommending mom and dad to come and stay with us but they are refusing. We have a separate room for them with all the facilities. Mom doesn’t agree with shifting dad to an elder care home so I dropped that idea. Our relatives suggested us to consult a nanny placement agency so I’m planning to consult Diamondpersonnel. I’ve got positive reviews from my friends regarding their service but I need to convince mom before consulting them . I don’t know how to convince her. She is adamant in her decisions. Please help me guys...
SharonMCovert

Return to Partners, Friends, and Family