Sister to an HG surviver

A place where partners, fathers, friends, and family members can discuss experiences and difficulties regarding loved ones' Hyperemesis.

Moderator: cormander

Sister to an HG surviver

Postby auntie2cj » Aug 23, 2008 3:31 pm

Hey y'all. I don't know where to post. Hope this is in the right spot! My sister a.k.a mama2cj is pregnant again and today she has been throwing up all day. We had prayed she wouldn't get HG again. Last time it was so hard. Nobody told us what she had, it wasn't until just about the end of her pregnancy that we learned what it was. :roll:

Now we know what it is so hopefully we can get her up. She is just laying on the couch pale and with a "i am so depressed" looked. I know it may be natural but it is so hard to see her like that. She told mama earlier that she didn't want the baby. I know she does, as she just adores CJ. And CJ loves his mommy, he will go and pat her head and smile like he is saying "It's okay mommy, I understand" so sweet.

Please keep Kelly in your prayers. Thanks.

Jami
auntie2cj

Postby NikiJ » Aug 24, 2008 10:28 am

Hi Jami

Wow you are a great sister to be willing to come on the forums to help Kelly. I am so sorry she is not doing well at the moment. Has she started any meds yet?

HG can get you really down & I understand you wanting to get your sister up & about to make her feel better. Bear in mind though that moving about can make a HG sufferer feel very sick so maybe leave her lying on the couch & try to perk her up in other ways.

I will keep Kelly in my thoughts & prayers. Keep us updated as to how she is getting on.
Nicola
Mom to Madison born 06/09/04 - Hg 6wks until delivery
NikiJ
Been There Done That

Postby PamelaRose » Aug 24, 2008 5:08 pm

Start keeping track of what Kelly's eating, drinking, and vomiting, along with weight every day. If she's not keeping anything down or is losing more than a couple pounds in a week, get her in for fluids and meds. Call her doctor tomorrow to start treatment, but she may need a quick bag or two of fluids first to get her evened out again. Keeping a daily journal of her illness will help get her better treatment. Good luck!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby auntie2cj » Aug 24, 2008 6:07 pm

NikiJ,
She is on finigan(is that spelled right?) at the moment. She went to the hosptial last night, they gave her a shot of finigan, then sent her home. Today she has been making an effort to drink. She just ate some cherry jello (doctor said no solids and no dairy) and she kept it down a good while. :D She is now eating crushed ice.

Oh I knew that. We are going to try to get all her unfinished projects out of the way and pretty up her viewing area. Try to bring sunshine in.

PamelaRose, good idea!

Thanks for praying. We sure can use it.

Jami
auntie2cj

Postby PamelaRose » Aug 24, 2008 9:25 pm

Phenergan - I'm glad it's helping! She can get Phenergan pills, but she's got to be able to keep them down. Otherwise, suppositories are the way to go. 'No solids, no dairy' is a common prescription with HG, but actually we find that anything that sounds good has the best chance of staying down, no matter how improbable it sounds. So if she wants something that's out of bounds according to the doctor, let her try.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby auntie2cj » Aug 26, 2008 11:29 am

Oh Phenergan....lol that looks weird. I would have never spelled it right!

She is doing better. She is still throwing up but she is drinking ice water, and occasionally munching ice. She asked yesterday for a Cherry Cola Slushie and kept most of it down. She has sat up a few times and even has got up and taken a bath. She used the bathroom earlier while I was over there sitting with her so thats good. Means that some of the fluid is staying down!

Hopefully she'll beat this thing and enjoy her pregnancy. *fingers crossed* :D
Jami
auntie2cj

Postby NikiJ » Aug 26, 2008 11:32 am

It's great she is doing a bit better. Keep us posted.
Nicola
Mom to Madison born 06/09/04 - Hg 6wks until delivery
NikiJ
Been There Done That

Postby stmstyles » Aug 26, 2008 5:56 pm

It may not seem like it right now but just being there to help her makes you a Godsend.

You sound like you are doing all the right things. Just let her know you see how hard this is on her, and be supportive even if you don't think she is doing what she should. I know my mother-in-law constantly says "you have got to eat or drink right now, you've got to at least try." And I want to reply, "Gee, that's a good idea, why didn't I think of that. Oh! Because I thought being hit by a freight train would feel better." She means well but.....

Just know that she is doing what she can will herself to do, and as long as her life is not in danger, try and be understanding.

I hope she gets better and can manage. God bless you for being there.

Thoughtfully,
Tammy
stmstyles
Been There Done That

Return to Partners, Friends, and Family