I cry for my sister who has HG again.

A place where partners, fathers, friends, and family members can discuss experiences and difficulties regarding loved ones' Hyperemesis.

Moderator: cormander

I cry for my sister who has HG again.

Postby munderwd » Dec 19, 2006 10:55 pm

My sister had HG in her first pregnancy and it was so hard to watch her go through it. I will never forget insisting she go to the hospital when she was throwing up non-stop for over an hour and blood was coming up too. It was heart breaking. Despite the terrible time of it all, she had my beautiful nephew who is happy and healthy.

She is lives out of state from me now. I miss her greatly! She is pregnant again and this time it seems worse. Thankfully, she has a great support system where she is but I cannot be there to help her this time. I'll call all the time I'm sure, but I remember how hard it was for her to talk on the phone the first time. I'm so heartbroken to not be there. I know it's not about me, so please forgive me for sounded that way. I just want to be there for her because she means the world to me.

I'm afraid for her. This will be tough on her and her family. I know she is in good hands though. I have to remember that. I will somehow find comfort in knowing she has good people taking care of her. And I will try to make her smile and think about the good things as much as possible. I will call her as often as she lets me and I will talk with her as often as she is able. I love her so much... Please pray for her.

Thanks for listening.
MU
I'm hear for my sister =)
munderwd

Re: I cry for my sister who has HG again.

Postby krdoty » Dec 20, 2006 10:00 am

I know it's not about me, so please forgive me for sounded that way. I just want to be there for her because she means the world to me.

As apt as I am to tell unsupportive family of HGers that it's not about them, in a way it is. You are affected because you're worried for your sister. Spouses and parents are affected in the same way. Any local support person is affected. Please don't deny yourself the emotions that you will have because of HG.

As for your sister... She will be in my thoughts right along with you. Please refer her to this site. Some HGers are not able to handle looking at the computer, but others can.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you help your sis!
Kendra, M.W.F.E.
krdoty
Pukologist

Postby Chedasha » Mar 02, 2007 7:23 pm

Yes, it is very hard to just watch someone go through something so horrible. You do feel helpless. What can you say to them? There is nothing really.

Best wishes to you and your poor sister.

Kat
DD Estella Dawn 06/06/2011
Chedasha
Welcomed Friend

Postby octobermomma » Jul 07, 2007 6:06 pm

my sis was great while I was going through HG and it sounds like you are a great sis too! Just keep her in your thoughts and send her cards out of the blue. Phone calls are always nice. And when the days of the pregnancy keep dragging on, a lot of my regular friends would start disappearing because they were tired of hearing that I was still sick. Remember that and when she gets farther along, maybe you could increase the cards and phone calls so she won't feel so isolated and alone.

praying for you and your sister
:hugs:
~Kelly
octobermomma
Master of HG

Return to Partners, Friends, and Family