fear

A place where partners, fathers, friends, and family members can discuss experiences and difficulties regarding loved ones' Hyperemesis.

Moderator: cormander

fear

Postby nora » May 01, 2013 5:50 pm

This is the second time that we are going through an hg pregnancy with my daughter. the first one ended in with the baby in heaven
and I am so afraid about this one i don't know what to do my daughter is so scared she insists on going to the er all the time although
they usually can't do anything but put her on saline etc. when we go home it starts all over again in a couple of days how do i help her to be less afraid, how do i help her to try some other medication, maybe some anti anxiety medication, how do i help her not be so afraid
of using a picc line i think if she uses one she will not be so afraid of dying from dehydration etc. and it will calm her down i feel so helpless!
nora

Re: fear

Postby Brynn1984 » May 02, 2013 8:33 pm

I am so sorry your daughter is suffering. Where do you live? Is there a high-risk obgyn in your area that she could switch to so that she could at least get a bit more treatment? At one point my mother had to physically drag me out of bed and check me in to the hospital (where I eventually got a PICC line), but I was so dehydrated and delusional that I did not want to go. I would be happy to talk to you or your daughter if you want to know more about what it is like to have a PICC!
Baby boy Benjamin born on 10.22.12!
Severe HG week 5 - 18, Moderate HG week 19 - 22, Mild HG week 23 - 30
Treatments: PICC line with TPN, Midline with fluids, Zofran, Ativan, Zoloft, Protonix, Milk of Magnesia
Total weight loss: 25 pounds

http://irondadblog.wordpress.com/

Brynn1984
Been There Done That

Re: fear

Postby reliable » Jan 19, 2017 4:32 am

I haven't had well experience yet, so I appreciate your advices. I greet you
reliable

Return to Partners, Friends, and Family