Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.
Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy
If you are unable to find an OB through our wonderful referral site here, below are a few tips you can try.
1. Call around to your local OB offices (if you have insurance, start with the ones in your plan).
2. Tell the person answering the phone that you are trying to find a new OB who has knowledge of HG. Ask them to find out whether or not the Doctor has dealt with previous patients with HG before.
3. If you are told yes, set up an interview with the OB (most will do this free of charge).
4. Have a list of questions to ask the OB when you go for your interview. You need to be sure of their idea of aggressive treatment to get you through your pregnancy.
This is how I found my wonderful OB for my second pregnancy. He was very understanding and wrote me a script during the interview. He also told me how he would handle my treatment.
I hope this helps.
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
- Master of HG
- Posts: 3234
- Joined: Jul 31, 2005 8:49 pm
Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest