Good stuff if you are able to drink....

Share HG-friendly foods or simple recipe ideas.

Moderators: Cin, caleighbelle47

Good stuff if you are able to drink....

Postby ivqueen » Jun 27, 2006 8:32 am

I was getting really tired of my doctors suggesting "ensure" because the stuff literally would make me vomit even if I wasn't pregnant! I then tried the carnation instant breakfast mixed with vitamin D milk....One 8oz drink gives you A LOT of vitamins and minerals as well as 250 cals (with the vit. d milk) The chocolate drink tastes just like carnation's hot cocoa but ice cold...it's GREAT! I hope to gain weight soon....I have trouble keeping down solids so it is an excellent alternative for ppl.....
ivqueen

Postby Mommy Michelle » Jun 27, 2006 1:03 pm

The chocolate flavor sounds pretty good - but I'll have to try it on ice or VERY cold - that is the only way liquids sound good to me lately.
Mommy Michelle
Welcomed Friend

Postby krisalis » Jun 27, 2006 2:04 pm

I know this is gross, sorry, but I found the best thing about the Carnation stuff was that it tastes the same both directions. A lot of stuff I couldn't take because after I threw it once I could't even look at it. This stuff is nice and easy to throw up, no burning or anything.

If you have a blender throw some vanilla ( or chocolate) ice cream in it. It will make it nice and cold , take away some of the powdery tatse and add calories. If you are really adventurous, add a banana.

Kris
krisalis
HG Expert

Return to Foodments