a summary of successful fluids

Share HG-friendly foods or simple recipe ideas.

Moderators: Cin, caleighbelle47

Postby Kariinbliss » Mar 25, 2006 11:14 am

Thank you! I'll stock up today (if they're still working! lol)!! :-)
5x HG mom to:
Amy... born 1/20/92
Melissa... born 2/13/95
Alex... returned to heaven 6/20/05
Angel... watching from heaven 2/2/06
Peanut... safe in the Father's arms 4/24/06
Kariinbliss
Been There Done That

Postby krisalis » Mar 25, 2006 1:06 pm

Another good way to slightly flavour water is to add liced cucumbers to it. Gives ita fresher tatse, especially ice cold. I have a much easier time drinking water fom a bottle then from a glass. Odd. I will 1/2 fill it and freeze it, then just keep topping it up until it melts. Keeps it nice and cold.

Kris
krisalis
HG Expert

Postby phillymama » Apr 23, 2006 12:57 am

I'm probably going to hell in a handbasket for the caffeine overload but Mountain Dew works for me. I think it's the syrupy-ness and sweetness. It tasted so good after drinking so much Gatorade, which is basically flavorless.
~Amy~
phillymama

Postby gaia1100 » Dec 03, 2006 5:14 pm

The strawberry (I think-the light pink color) flavored Gatorade worked well for me. So did lemon Italian ice. I couldn't stomach water at all (even ice chips) or Sprite. At least the Gatorade is good for electrolytes :D
gaia1100

Postby sarah23 » Jan 14, 2007 6:46 pm

I have a strange one. My acupuncturist suggest umeboshi plum tea. They're japanese pickled plums, kinda pricey, but worth it. You can get them at a health food store. The only brand I've seen is Eden, though an asian market would probably have them, too. I put a plum in the bottom of a mug and add boiling water. Goes down quite easily. Mildly salty/tangy. You can eat the plum afterwards, but I haven't gotten the courage to try it yet.
sarah23
Master of HG

Postby skeptic » Feb 12, 2007 8:04 pm

My body seems to reject everything after a couple of days.

I had a couple of good gatorade days, then a couple of good coke days, right now I am on really carbonated Welch grape soda.

Ice chips stay thank God.
skeptic
Devoted to You

Postby IslandDreamer » Feb 13, 2007 7:14 pm

Yes, the constant changing of fluids is something I experienced too. A lot of us do, I guess. So the longer the list, the better....unfortunately.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby missuniversal » Mar 13, 2007 10:13 am

i think it is interesting about the pepsi thing. for a few weeks there during my 2nd trimester, pepsi was about the only thing i could tolerate. my doctor said it was not what he would highly recommend but that if i could tolerate it, it was good. he just wanted me to be able to hold something, anything, down.
also, when i was released from the hospital i was only drinking lowfat chocolate milk for a few weeks. i held it down in the hospital after an increase in Zofran, so when i was released i decided to stick with it.
Dana
>HG Survivor<
*Ava Marae* *Born 9/16/2005*
ImageImage
missuniversal

Postby Spark » Sep 15, 2007 9:06 am

I'm another one who at the worst, had nothing. But, then once I could start drinking, it reallly changed quickly.

STRAWS were really helpful for getting more fluids in me.

My one constant - Things had to be COLD for me. These are ways to make that happen:
- Take 5-7 icecubes & crush in blender. Add just a small amount (A few tablespoons) of either Vitamin Water, Juice, Soda, etc. (We had bought a ice shaver, but found the blender did MUCH better)
- Frozen Mugs in the freezer.
- Summer time fluid filled mugs frozen in the freezer
- Extra ice cube trays
DS '01 - Mild HG till 16 wks, Lost 8% of bodyweight, no meds
DD1 '04 - M/S till 14 wks, lost 4% of bodyweight, no meds needed
DD2 '06 - Moderate HG 9 mos, lost 16% of bodyweight, limited meds, poorly managed by Dr :(
Each Child SO Worth It!
DS2 '08 - BEST PREGNANCY EVER! Sooo thankful! http://forums.helpher.org/viewtopic.php?p=288211#288211
Spark
Been There Done That

Previous

Return to Foodments