Vegetarian HGers?

Share HG-friendly foods or simple recipe ideas.

Moderators: Cin, caleighbelle47

Vegetarian HGers?

Postby sarah23 » Jan 31, 2007 7:02 pm

Any ideas for a vegetable source of protien? I've had a couple of eggs, and they seemed to perk me up a bit, but they're on my yucky list right now. Soy doesn't agree with me under ordinary circumstances, and I'd hate to see what it does to me with this sluggish Zofran GI system! I do eat some organic meats, but they seem too hard to digest right now...
Sarah
sarah23
Master of HG

Postby theannex » Jan 31, 2007 7:47 pm

Could you stomach [foodment] beans -- hummus, veggie burgers, maybe a plain bean burrito? Maybe a simple veggie soup with some beans? [/foodment] I was off meats and dairy too for the longest time, it really makes protein a challenge!
Patricia
mom to DD (b. 2003, had severe HG with PICC/TPN) and DS (b. 2007, controlled HG with pre-emptive meds and also diet-controlled GD)
theannex
Opinionated HGer

Postby Natasha » Jan 31, 2007 7:57 pm

Have you tried TVP?
Natasha
Been There Done That

Postby NurseNicole » Jan 31, 2007 10:56 pm

What about nuts?? One of the only 2 things I can keep down with ANY success is cashews. Flax seeds, sumflower seeds??
NurseNicole
Opinionated HGer

Postby Cindygirl » Feb 01, 2007 2:06 pm

My sister has been really sick with some GI symptoms for several months now...along with me. Anyway, my mom found this protein powder that is soposed to be tasteless that she's going to try adding to a FOODMENT shake /FOODMENT for her. She also makes FOODMENT frozen yogurt /FOODMENT and she's going to try adding it to that. If you can handle FOODMENT shake or slushy /FOODMENT type things, maybe it can be added to that too. I feel your pain...meat is hard on me right now too!
Mommy to:
Kalli-9 yo dd, moderate HG
Tiarra-5 yo dd, no HG
Michael-2 1/2 yo, mild HG
PG with baby boy, moderate HG

Cindygirl
Opinionated HGer

Postby Hilary » Feb 08, 2007 11:26 am

I tried Slimfast (actually Krogers) diet meal bars. My dr suggested them to me when I stopped holding down all other forms of protein. They are very easy to digest and are high in protien. All though we eat mostly vegitarian (one of dds will not touch soy or beans) we are not stict. I am not sure how vegitarian the meal bars are. The chocolate chip cookie dough (again Krogers brand) was the easiest to get and hold down. Good Luck! I hope that you find something that works for you.
Hilary
Devoted to You

Postby Cheri » Feb 09, 2007 1:28 pm

Boy, that can be a tough one. I've gone through periods where my protein intake has been in trace amounts through misc. things I'd eat. I hate to even type out my ideas because I think they might make you sick, but here goes...

***Foodments***
Beans of any kind...in burritos, taco salad, soup
Cheese, yogurt
Peanut Butter or Almond butter
Even cereals, grains, breads, have protein
How about eggs fixed/disguised in a recipe
***End foodment***

Good luck!
Cheri
Baby Lost at 15 weeks 3/02
Cheri
Opinionated HGer