Welcome to the world of Alternative Healing!

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Welcome to the world of Alternative Healing!

Postby nomore » Sep 15, 2005 12:44 pm

Hi everyone!

I have been extremly slow on the uptake of my moderating this folder (I was asked to moderate this when I was in my 1st trimester of my 3rd HG pregnancy!). So, my apologies in the delay of introduction.

My name is Robin. I have 2 DDs. My 1st 2 rounds with HG were VERY severe. The last time, it was much more moderate (although I can't say I enjoyed being pregnant!). Although, I would still classify the pregnancy in the severe category as I was on IVs daily, with a full dose zofran pump, and multiple other meds till the end. Delvierey happened early at 34 weeks due to develeoping severe pre-eclampisa.

I attribute MUCH of the success of my last pregnancy to the extensive amount of non-tradtional approaches in preparing for this pregnancy. They included: Liver/body Detoxification, NAET allergy eliminination treatments and accupunture. (In addtion, I found a great DR, came up with a personal protocol, and made sure we planned for help caring for my DD). I TRULY feel this pregnancy is easier as a result of my non-traditional approaches.

I am by no means an expert on alternative healing. I would not advocate relying on them alone for treatment of HG. However, I DO feel they compliment treatment and prepartion of HG. Just like tradtional meds, not all alternative treatments will work for everyone. This folder is a great place to post all of your thoughts and suggestions on alternative treatment.

So, welcome to the Alternative Healing folder. :)

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies