Unisom clarification

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Unisom clarification

Postby raern » Sep 28, 2016 6:29 pm

Introduced myself in 1st Tri a few days ago. On my 3rd pregnancy- severe HG with first two but was too sick to post much. I'm 7.5 weeks now and SO FAR things have been better. I can function, drink, and eat through the nausea most days, and an not crawling to the toilet! Yay! I have been taking milk thistle upon positive pregnancy test and B6. I didn't get either down yesterday and today has been the worst day yet. I wanted to clarify the B6/Unisom. Can I just take the Unisom at night and have it help through the day, or do you take small doses through day as well? I am only taking a half tablet at night because they make me SO sedated (I'm only 4'11"), and I can't imagine taking them through the day. Thanks for any input!
raern

Re: Unisom clarification

Postby smatarazzo » Oct 07, 2016 9:47 pm

Hi there! Congrats!!:)
I have heard of many people who only take the unison at night coupled with a dose of b6. My plan is to take 3 doses of b6 (50mg each) a day with the final dose paired with 1 Unisom. I'm also taking Milk Thistle in preparation as I've also heard great things and am so glad to hear it's going well for you!!
Good luck
smatarazzo

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies