New book...

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

New book...

Postby Gracie » Feb 04, 2006 6:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

I was watching "Canada AM" on Friday and they were discussing how most "Post-partum" depression actually starts "during" pregnancy. The MD / author (Shaila Kulkarni Misri) is from BC and just published a new book called "Pregnancy Blues: What Every Woman Needs To Know About Depression During Pregnancy".

I've ordered myself a copy out of interest (I had a PPD with my 1st pregnancy but managed to escape it with the others)...
Gracie
Gracie
Master of HG

Postby JennyK » Feb 24, 2006 10:28 pm

Did your book arrive? Any interesting insights?
Jenny
Annie, January '04
Will, August '06
JennyK
Forum Moderator

Postby rjdecker » Feb 25, 2006 3:47 pm

That sounds interesting. I think I may try to get a hold of that book.

Jenny
Jenny

Nathan, Megan, Amy, Kimmie, and Michael + 4 birds, 4 fish, 1 turtle, and 1 dog!
We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Postby Gracie » Feb 25, 2006 5:22 pm

My brain is unfortunately zonked right now with everything that had been going on. Besides this forum, I haven't been able to concentrate much to read!

I'm hoping that with the warmer weather, my mood will improve... and keeping my fingers crossed that by 30wks I can wean down some of the med and stay awake a little longer.
Gracie
Gracie
Master of HG

Postby bibliojo » Feb 25, 2006 5:31 pm

I found out about this book a few months ago and signed it out from the library. The lady that wrote it works at the Reproductive Mental health clinic that I went to for my PPD and have been referred to again to deal with these HG issues croping up again. :? I personally found it to be quite a technical book with lots of info - almost like she is trying to prove a point to other practioners that depression occurs in a lot of pregnancies and should be dealt with rather than directing a lot of self help comments to women who are pregnant and depressed. But it's worth reading or at least skimming because there's lots of info on statistics, medications etc in it.

I'm currently trying to make my way through a book called "Cereal for Dinner; Strategies, Shortcuts and Sanity for Moms Battling Illness" If it's any good I'll post about it once I finish it.

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG