PPD VS baby blues VS anxiety

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

PPD VS baby blues VS anxiety

Postby SkunkPaw » Jan 24, 2006 1:02 am

What the difference? Should I wait until my 6 week check up to talk to my dr about it if I feel like I have PPD and anxiety?

Feeling really low right now.
*Chaz*

SkunkPaw
Been There Done That

Postby IslandDreamer » Jan 24, 2006 7:47 am

(((Chaz)))

I'm so sorry you're feeling low. Are you having anxiety? Some is normal, but a panic attack would not be normal. If you are having attacks, you need immediate treatment. And it makes total sense, especially with the dh situation, to be feeling low as some funky hormonal stuff is going on right now.

The difference between PPD and baby blues is most often measured by intensity or by length of time of symptoms. If you can't function, I'd be very concerned it's PPD with an early start. If you are off with some weird thoughts, some obsessing, and some crying fits and anxiety, that is very likely baby blues. 80% of women get baby blues. 20% of those women end up with PPD. It's a matter of staying on top of the symptoms, as it is with HG.

Watch your symptoms...even track them in a notebook. Continue with B6 and add B12 and Omega Fatty Acids. All three are said by PPD gals to help. If you're concerned, definitely speak to the doc.

As you know, I'm not a doc, but I have a long history with PPD and PTSD. If you want to PM more specifics about symptoms, or post them here, I can give you my opinion based on experience and reading.

Love you,
Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG