feeling anxiety in the evening

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

feeling anxiety in the evening

Postby carla » Aug 23, 2005 9:24 pm

I have started to feel anxiety and nervousness in the evenings. I am currently taking celexa for my anxiety, but it seems to be getting worse during the nights. I can't stop thinking about how long the wait is until I start to feel better. I am starting to question myself a bit. Could this just be a normal phase of the pregnancy?
carla
HG Diva

Postby bibliojo » Aug 23, 2005 10:57 pm

Carla,

I think that this is probably normal. The first time you had hope that it would get better by such and such a point, but this time you know what you are in for. It's hard not to be depressed and anxious about how sick you are feeling. But maybe talk to you doctor about it. Also too try to focus on one day at a time. In the evening, you can think to yourself, I've survived another day...I'll never have to relive that day and eventually after doing this enough times, you'll have your baby in your arms.

Hugs to you,
Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby Kadinga » Aug 24, 2005 12:52 am

Carla,

I'm not at all surprised that you are having feelings of anxiety. With what you have been through, you have every reason to feel this way. As Joanna has said, do try to focus on just the moment you are in, and that you are one day closer to the end.

Can we set up a ticker for you to cheer you up? It might help to remind you that you are progressing, little bit by little bit. If you don't feel up to doing one for yourself, you could pm me with the info and I could make one for you. If you like I could even do one just to show this trimester, rather than the whole pregnancy, or to the date when you'll be half way through?

Thinking of you

(((((((((Carla))))))))))

Amanda
2 HG darlings; Heather, September '03 & Henry, May '06
"To understand and be understood makes our happiness on earth" (German Proverb)
Kadinga
Devoted to You

Postby HGx3 » Aug 24, 2005 1:08 pm

My aniety always seemed to worsen at night with me. In fact, most of my panic attacks occurd late in the evening. Especially,when everyone else would be asleep,andI would wake up, feeling so very sick and alone. I agree that the hormones seem to add to the aniety as well. I have experienced panic attacks while not pregnant, but the ones I had while suffering with hg were indescribeable!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby carla » Aug 24, 2005 3:21 pm

I am going to keep trying to think positive. If it starts to get really bad I just go to bed and sleep it off. I did manage to make a ticker, but couldn't get it onto my profile?? I think I'll try again :)
carla
HG Diva

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG