is it normal to feel like this?

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

is it normal to feel like this?

Postby DH22 » Jul 03, 2005 3:09 pm

I am finally in my 2nd trimester and still feel awful. The vomiting has let up. I am only down to 1 maybe 2 times a day, but am sick to my stomach 24/7. yesterday was the first time I could drink water since 4 weeks pg. I hope my hg is letting up or just giving me a break. Anyways, I feel so depressed. This should be a happy time in my life and I cry alot and just don't feel excited or happy. Everyone says it is because I am so sick. Also I feel so dizzy and it is scaring me. Is it normal to feel dizzy? I just don't feel myself at all. I am dizzy,sick I still can barely eat, Iam sure this is all adding to my dizziness, Iam also very anxious. Pregnancy does not agree with me I guess. This is the last time for sure. 2 horrible pregnancies are enough. I am sorry to go on, but I am just so depressed. I don't want to go anywhere, do anything. I feel bad for my 3 1/2 yr. old because she is missing out on so much. My husband and friends do alot with her but i feel bad. Anyways has anyone else felt this way? thanks again
Debbie
DH22

Postby meg » Jul 04, 2005 12:27 pm

Debbie,

If you look back through the posts in almost any folder you will find that you are in good (although sad) company feeling the way that you do. You sound as if you are depressed and frankly, given all you are going through, that is probably a normal response. Try to talk out your feelings with someone, a trusted friend, a therapist, your dh, or just us ladies here on the board. Also, dehydration can contribute to depression so the fact that you are still finding it difficult to eat or drink is adding to your "weepiness." You might want to ask about IV fluids. If you feel up to a little outing now again that, too, will work wonders on your spirits. Try not to isolate yourself if it isn't necessary - sitting at a neighbor's house, talking your dd to a story hour, visiting here or anything that gives you a change of scenery without too much effort will probably improve your mood.
Hugs,
Meg

Mom to Anabel (7), Patrick (4) and Moira Grace (1)
HG Survivor
HG Free since 4.22.05!!!
meg
Devoted to You

Postby IslandDreamer » Jul 04, 2005 1:21 pm

Unfortunately, depressed is pretty normal with HG. Afterall, we're stuck in the house sucking on meds and ice cubes. To struggle with such basics as eating, drinking, and pooping is beyond upsetting. I finally asked for antidepressants...something I swore I'd wait until 32 weeks to do as prep for ppd...but the perinatal depression got to be too much.

I feel awful about my son too...he's almost 6 and more independent than your little one, so I imagine it's that much harder for you. And that Chris is having a blast with other folks doesn't always make me feel better; I get jealous he's not having fun with me. It's just so hard on all sides with HG.

You are definitely not alone.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG