Bad right now...:(

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

Bad right now...:(

Postby Christi » Mar 24, 2005 4:51 pm

I feel terrible today. I have quit my job which I love....
I was planning on quiting in a few months due to moving out of the country, but I feel like I am letting everyone down.
This is the first timeI have gotten off of the couch today. I am trying really hard to be positive, but cant seem to be nice to my kids or myself.
My hubby was home with me for 2 days and today I am terribly lonely.
Reading the reminders of PPdepresion has me worried and then to think that I will be in a foreign country with no friends or extended family when I finally have this baby has me in the dumps.
My DH is trying really hard. He is not in control of the move (military), so he feel sbadly that I will have to suffer the HG on the flight and in a new place.
Guess I need to focus on the baby, but in the back of my mind I am concerned I could still lose this baby. I have never lost one, but somehow this keeps sneaking in. I saw the heart beat last night at my hubbies clinc on the Ultra Sound. Instead of cheering me, like I was hoping, now I feel guilty that I am doing this to myself and that it is all sooo real.
Hope I dont sound WAY OUT THERE, but I needed to spill this somewhere that wouldn't send my husband into a panic....
Thanks for listening.
Christi
Mom of 4 HG babies
daughter: 12-97
son: 8-01
son: 10-05
son 3-08
>o< mc:01-07
Christi
Opinionated HGer

Postby Janehh » Mar 25, 2005 1:36 pm

Hi Christi--
You don't sound "way out there" at all--you're going through some of the most stressful changes a person can go through, plus you're sick as a dog! Quitting your job is super stressful, moving is hard at any time, moving to a different country is really hard, and moving to a different country when you have hg--I can hardly imagine! And I always feel super guilty and torn when I quit a job, or stay home sick for that matter; I think it just goes with being a responsible person. But they will be fine and you need to worry about yourself. How soon is the move? Is it somewhere you speak the language? After you're settled in it would probably be a good idea to set up a plan for post-partum care so it's all ready for you after you deliver.
I'm so sorry you're feeling in the dumps; I've been there and it sucks. Hang in there, and keep posting.
Sending you hugs,
Jane
2nd hg pregnancy
Due 5/16/05
Janehh
Been There Done That

Postby helen-l-a » May 24, 2005 9:01 am

Hello

I am so sorry you are so down, I actually came on this part of the forum because I too keep thinking something has just got to go wrong this time. You don't say where you are moving to, but have you checked out all the members and where they are based? you may end up near someone else from the forum. You have a lot going on so it is not surprising that you are so down, I also made a big move nearly a year ago, but although I don't have many friends, I really like where we are and the children are settled.

Let us know how the move goes and keep in touch.

Helenxxx :D
Mum to.....
Luke 1990 not a HG pregnancy.
Jonathan 1994 not a HG pregnancy
Emily 1998 HG pregnancy!
Thomas Bailey 2005 HG pregnancy

helen-l-a
HG Expert

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG