Any Other Recovering EDers with HG?

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

Any Other Recovering EDers with HG?

Postby pippa » Mar 17, 2005 3:48 pm

I hope this is the right forum...

I am a recovering bulimarexic. I spent 10 years of my life dealing with it, and have been in recovery now for 7 years. I've even been able to join a weight loss group that emphasized healthy losing, and was able to combat some of the sucky metabolism I have left.

This HG is killing me. I have a HUGE problem with nausea/vomiting for two reasons... one in that I feel out of control when I'm not the one controlling the vomiting, and the other is that I'd be lying if I said I wasn't somewhat enjoying the side HG benefit of weight loss, especially since I never did get my baby weight off after my youngest.

Does anyone else have a similar experience? Sometimes I feel like the most messed-up pg woman on the planet. :oops:

~ pippa

^i^ Baby ^i^ 4.95
Beanie 1.10.00
^i^ Sprout ^i^ 6.01
Buster 3.07.02
Bug 8.10.03
Tattoo (One determined baby... got past a tubal ligation!) due 9.23.05
pippa
Welcomed Friend

Postby Janehh » Mar 20, 2005 2:31 pm

Hi Pippa,
I had an eating disorder for years, and also recovered some 10 years ago. Strangely enough hg doesn't seem to trigger any of the old feelings, but I can see how it would. Vomiting was not something I did often to control my eating; more like severe diets and exercise. It does freak me out to be out of control of my body size and not be able to exercise at all. As the nausea let up a bit I have gained a lot of weight and my muscle tone is GONE--my body image SUCKS and I know I'll have to be careful postpartum to deal with recovering in a healthy way. And the thought of nursing freaks me out--another control thing, I guess, plus I'm used to being a small-breasted person and having boobs makes be feel fat. Wait, did I say I wasn't having any issues...?
Do you think these feelings are making you sicker in any way--preventing you from eating what you can or anything? It sounds like hg isn't new if you've already got a few kids!
Welcome to the boards, by the way. I'm posting in the third trimester folder these days (31 weeks tomorrow--could this go any slower??!!!) but I always check in here too, although this folder isn't as active.
Best,
Jane
2nd hg pregnancy
Due 5/16/05
Janehh
Been There Done That

Postby Marie » Mar 20, 2005 3:20 pm

Hello Pippa,

I understand the eating disorder issue all to well. I actually tend to gain weight with HG pregnancy and all partially due to bed rest, actually eating the recommended amount, and terrible metabolism from all the years of abuse on my body. I initally lose, but when I am able to keep anything down the pounds pour on. I was recently taken back out of work, and my biggest relief was my co-workers not seeing me with all this extra weight. I believe the word for this line of thinking is depression!!! Oh well can't wait till July!!!

Best Wishes,
Marie
HG baby arrived 11/18/99.
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG