Ideas?

Volunteer your professional services, share fundraisers for HG & HER, and publicize HG to get the word out!

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme, annmarie

Postby BrandiJK » Sep 08, 2005 11:44 am

I admit, I would love to have a day to day HG calander (where one can add the dates in, so it would work whenever) with selections from the humor section, and maybe a few lines for personal notes. Or something saying, "I puked ______ times today!" I think kinkos could print it up if it could be put together. Am I crazy to think this is a good idea? A little humor away from the computer!
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby Kariinbliss » Sep 08, 2005 8:49 pm

Sounds marvelous to me!!! :-)
5x HG mom to:
Amy... born 1/20/92
Melissa... born 2/13/95
Alex... returned to heaven 6/20/05
Angel... watching from heaven 2/2/06
Peanut... safe in the Father's arms 4/24/06
Kariinbliss
Been There Done That

Postby Kadinga » Sep 08, 2005 10:04 pm

I actually kept a calendar when I was pg. A friend who had HG worse than me bought me a normal pg calendar with all the stickers and week by week info on the developing baby to take my mind off things. The cute stickers and info were good, but I also kept records of when I was in hospital, when I had my first good day, and then when the vomitting became less often I wrote down. My motivation at the time was that if I had a girl I wanted to be able to tell her accurately what being pregnant was like, because my mother's stories changed every time she told them and I was finding that very demoralising. Now I'm glad I have the record for my own benefit in trying to plan for the next one.

A calendar like Brandi suggested with HG hints and tips and humour stories mixed in with the general baby info would be EXCELLENT! Being able to keep your own notes and compare them to other HG mothers' experiences week by week could be very grounding. If it had lots of pictures of HG babies on every page and quotes from HG mothers, that would be such an encouragement to know that so many other women had got through it with a beautiful baby to hold at the end.

Amanda
2 HG darlings; Heather, September '03 & Henry, May '06
"To understand and be understood makes our happiness on earth" (German Proverb)
Kadinga
Devoted to You

Postby BrandiJK » Sep 09, 2005 8:58 am

I love your expansion of the idea!!
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby KenguGo » Mar 26, 2006 1:25 pm

kewl topic guys :) :)
KenguGo

awareness

Postby vkc girl » Mar 30, 2006 10:56 am

Hi I'm Shelly I'm slightly new to these forums. This is my 2nd post. I'm on my 3rd pregnancy. I'm 13 wks. along. This preg. is exactly like my other 2 but w/ this one my new o.b. explained to me why I feel the way I do then gave me this web-site info. I'm finally feeling decent enough to get around my house after suffering for 2 months but I'm trying to stay careful. I NEVER want to feel the symptoms I've felt again.......EVER. W/ my other 2 pregnancies it lasted into the beginning of the 2nd trimester then completely left & came back the middle of the third trimester :( . I am going to contact my local news station & whoever we can get to recognize us I'd love to be a part of it. Through me suffering I apologized to 2 of my friends for not keeping in contact w/ them. Then I explained to them why & how I'd been feeling. They were never diagnosed but they (these were 2 seperate frinds I talked to at 2 seperate times) were excited to hear someone w/ a familiar story. As I mentioned they were never diagnosed but now they have a clue & can talk to their O.B.'s to see if that might have been the case! :lol:
vkc girl

Previous

Return to HG Awareness & Activism