HG Article in The Times today

Volunteer your professional services, share fundraisers for HG & HER, and publicize HG to get the word out!

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme, annmarie

HG Article in The Times today

Postby Natalie » Jan 16, 2006 8:38 am

My dh has just phoned to say that there is an article about HG in the Times 2 part of The Times today. He said he has skim read it and it describes HG as severe ms :roll: :twisted: but is worth a looky.

Anyway, thought other UK girls might like to know in case you want to pick up a copy.

Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby Natalie » Jan 16, 2006 8:45 am

Oooooh, I am so ecxited - I found it on the web. I hope this doesn't breach copyright?????

Health features

The Times January 16, 2006

Times2

I couldn't stomach more children
Sarah Ebner
Morning sickness put our correspondent in hospital - she even considered having a termination

I was nine weeks pregnant when I told my brother that I thought I was dying. I was lying on the sofa, clutching the phone and whispering that I could barely eat or drink. The conversation scared him. He told me to go to hospital, so the next day I did. I felt a fake among all those properly ill people â€â€Â
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby Atsie » Jan 16, 2006 11:14 am

That is great that they printed that article. I think she did a good job job describing HG but just wished she called it something other than an extreme form of morning sickness!!!
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby bibliojo » Jan 17, 2006 12:57 am

Thanks for posting this Nat! It was an interesting read, although I wish she would have offered more remedies for HG other than just preggie pops, sea bands and morningwell. :roll:

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby Atsie » Jan 17, 2006 8:17 am

At least she didn't say Crackers and gingerale!
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby mandy » Jan 17, 2006 8:30 am

Wow Natalie! That was interesting to read. It always puts a lump in my throat when I read articles and they describe hg correctly - the coma comment hits home with me. Well done Andy for seeing it!

Mandy x
mother of two
hg from wk 6 - daughter born in 1999
hg from wk 5 - son born in 2002
mandy
HG Diva

Postby Jolene » Jan 17, 2006 11:08 am

Wow, reading HG described when I'm not pregnant really sends me right back. Too bad she didn't find this website!
Jolene
HG Diva

Postby dwtegli » Jan 17, 2006 4:48 pm

That is a wonderful article. I think she did a great job of describing HG. I wish the remedies actually worked though. I guess they have to throw something in. Too bad they couldn't have added this website to the article.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby Natalie » Jan 17, 2006 4:57 pm

Joanna, Erin and Wendy.

Re: the HG article in Junior Pgy & Baby mag... I've not forgotten you - we only got our new car 6 days ago and I haven't made it to the Post Office yet. I have photocopied the article and will mail it the next time I get to the PO.

Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby ghcinder » Jan 24, 2006 11:47 pm

I agree with you all - its interesting to read the description and think back on it. The comments about her daughter making up another mommy really got to my heart. My only son is 5 months and we want to have a second, my DH and I are starting to talk about when to plan to have the second. With reading that article it makes me think that I don't want to wait too long, I don't want Ronan to miss too much of me.

I also have to say that I wish that she hadn't made the comment about the website that she was disappointed. I hope that it doesn't turn women away from going out on the internet and finding a website like this. I may not have posted while I was pregnant but it was definitely helpful to come here and know that others where going through the same things I had.
Meghan
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]
ghcinder

Return to HG Awareness & Activism