New book on Hyperemesis

Volunteer your professional services, share fundraisers for HG & HER, and publicize HG to get the word out!

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme, annmarie

The show is back on!

Postby burtonburchell » Jul 04, 2011 5:16 pm

Oh ladies!!

I am weeping with joy/sadness/comfort/excitement/hope - so many emotions are overwhelming me right now!

Thank you so much for your prayers, your support and the kick -up- the-butt! haha It was just what I needed!

Alexander is 8 months old now and the other week I felt so confused and low thinking "why does HG still bug me everyday? Why can I not let it go?" then I realised, this book is more important to me than I could even imagine.

It's back on, I'm in the process of writing my book again. Everyone who wishes to include their story needs to make sure their story has not been published anywhere else publically.

I'm looking for 500-1000 words for each story. Can everyone who is interested email me on burtonburchell@ymail.com so I can put together a final list of everyone involved.

I'm seriously working on this project now, I anticipate my part of the book to be complete by the end of the summer and then I shall work on collecting and organising the storys of all the women who have come forward.

I just want to say, it has been a real honour to be a part of such a big project, I feel such strength whenever I receive an email from someone who feels positively about the book and how it will help people.

We can make a difference! Thank you all for reminding me that!

Laura xx
3X HG Survivor and Author of 'Pregnancy is not an illness...Hyperemesis Gravidarum IS'. http://www.amazon.com/Pregnancy-not-ill ... ncy+is+not

Changing the world. One nappy at a time.
burtonburchell

Postby Gravid Puker » Jul 18, 2011 10:27 pm

I am interested! Expect a story from me soon!

Congratulations on your baby. You are a wonderful person for doing this! :)
Gravid Puker

Postby DivineLotus » Jul 19, 2011 12:54 am

I'm really bad at english and grammer but I will do the spell check and have my sis proff read it. :-)
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

UPDATE

Postby burtonburchell » Sep 16, 2011 8:46 am

Right Ladies,

All those who have previously come forward wishing to add their story to the book, please get typing!!!

My book is heavily under way now, I anticipate that by the end of next month I will have a final draft ready for the editor to look at and I will need you ladies to send me your stories!!!

I want to put a final list together of everyone who is interested! EMAIL ME! burtonburchell@ymail.com.

This is really happening!!! :)
3X HG Survivor and Author of 'Pregnancy is not an illness...Hyperemesis Gravidarum IS'. http://www.amazon.com/Pregnancy-not-ill ... ncy+is+not

burtonburchell

Re: New book on Hyperemesis

Postby burtonburchell » Dec 17, 2012 1:28 pm

HUGE NEWS!!! MY BOOK IS NOW AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE FROM AMAZON and KINDLE WORLDWIDE

AND FOR THE NEXT 5 DAYS YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE BOOK ABSOLUTELY FREE ON THE KINDLE! SO PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD

I created a new thread but expect not many people saw it - so it might be worth me updating this thread incase people have subscribed to it!

It's here ladies. Thank you all SO much for you love, prayers, support and participation in this. I could NOT have completed this without your help. I could not include everyone's stories but due to the high volume of submissions I think a new book purely dedicated to accounts from women around the Globe should be on the cards. Let me know if you would like to be involved.

I've already received some positive feedback. A blogger picked up my book and called it "Brutally honest" and reccommended it. You can see the blog post here: http://www.babble.com/pregnancy/10-honest-books-for-women-suffering-from-hyperemesis-gravidarum/

I have had several family members read the book and they were deeply shaken by it. I would reccommend this book to ANYONE who could use a complete reality check when they say "eat crackers" or "you're not even that sick". Please share this book on your FB walls, twitter, google+, friends and family. Spread the word! I am in the process of getting it in the local bookstores.

PLEASE read the book and share it with others, and please let me know what you all think afterwards!!

The UK site: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pregnancy-not-illness-Hyperemesis-Gravidarum-ebook/dp/B00AMK0ORM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355768955&sr=8-1
USA and Canada Customers: http://www.amazon.com/Pregnancy-not-illness-Hyperemesis-Gravidarum-IS/dp/1481199382/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355769014&sr=8-1&keywords=pregnancy+is+not+an+illness

Thank you!! xxxx

burtonburchell

Re: New book on Hyperemesis

Postby DivineLotus » Dec 27, 2012 3:31 am

Thank you so much for including my story. I appreciate it from my whole heart. :) <3<3
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

Previous

Return to HG Awareness & Activism